Everleigh Parish Council – 10th July Meeting Minutes

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

 Minutes of the Annual meeting of the Parish Council held

at Collingbourne Ducis School on Monday 10th July 2017

 

Chairman:     Cllr D Bottomley

Present:           Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr J Jones, Cllr T Symonds               Cllr M Burton.

 

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk) and Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling

 

  1. Cllr E Hudson and PC L Wileman.

 

  1. Disclosure of Interest. None declared.

 

  1. Co-Option. No applications for co-option have been received. The Chairman agreed to mention

this in his next View from Everleigh column in the Courier.

 

  1. Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council Meeting

       held on 8th May 2017.  The minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the

Parish Council Meeting held on 8th May 2017 were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

 

  1. Matters Arising.

11.13 Everleigh 13 ROW Footpath.  Cllr Symonds reported that Phase 1 (removal of debris from the track) has been completed.  Phase 2 – the clearance of some old concrete and the erection of a style are to be completed by the end of September, with Phases 3 & 4 (erection of a 2nd style and clearance of vegetation) then to be completed by the land owner in due course.  There was then some discussion regarding the closing of a disused offshoot to the footpath which Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling agreed to investigate with the relevant Officer at Wilts Council.                                                                                                   Action Cllr Symonds & Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling.

 

  1. General Public. No questions asked.

 

  1. Wilts Constabulary. The Chairman gave a summary of the monthly report from PC Wileman which had been submitted by email.  He highlighted  the issue with the 101 call handling, the current priorities and target patrols which are Tidworth and Ludgershall centric. Incidents reported in the Everleigh area included:  8th June Theft – Hills Waste- Theft copper wire and batteries; 11th June – Theft – Hills Waste – Items removed from the bins; and 17th June – Burglary Non Dwelling – Goa Balti House – Items removed from a shed.  There followed a discussion regarding the accuracy and frequency of reported crimes in Everleigh which Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to raise to the PC Wileman.  Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

 

  1. County Councillor. Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling reported on the Advance notice of the consultation of Wiltshire Hosing Site Allocations Plan, The Draft Business plan which is out for comment to Town and Parish Councils and in essence is a continuation of the existing plan, request for possible sites for WW1 Commemorative Trees and the need for better communication by town and Parish Councils with the TAB Community Engagement Manager (Mr Marc Read) in order that he can deliver an enhanced service.  He also spoke in support of the local Community Policing Team, the reduction of the TCAP meetings to twice yearly and the quality of the Officers at Wilts Council.  He asked how well the Parish Steward Scheme was working to which Cllr Wheeler-Mallows replied that the Scheme was working very well for Everleigh which is well supported by its Parish Steward.

 

  1. None that has not been previously circulated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    • 17/05381/FUL: Demolition of existing outbuildings and proposed new detached garage workshop for storage of and restoration of classic cars (not commercial use) at Longacres,       Everleigh, Marlborough, SN8 3EY.  Having considered this application at some length the     Members RESOLVED that Everleigh Parish Council have concerns about the overall      size of this new garage/workshop which seems to be larger than neighbouring               The plans do not appear to specify heights of this proposed build and, if   taller than adjacent dwellings, then this initiative may be out of character with the           local environment.  And from a local perspective, Everleigh Parish Council therefore         recommend that this planning application be reviewed again.

                                                                                                            Action: Cllr Bottomley

    • Grass Cutting. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that J Bowen has cut the grass four        times as per the contract.  Members agreed that Cllr Wheeler-Mallows was to review the number of cuts required for the remainder of the cutting season.

Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

  • Play Area Development Project. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that no further work   has been carried and that the only outstanding task was for him is to mend the post on the

             far gate which is to be completed before the next RoSPA Inspection in September.

Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

  • Streetscene Minor Works. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the Parish Steward        Scheme continues to work well.  The visibility on the left hand side of the egress from the       Street on to the A342 is being restricted by the growth of vegetation from the property on          the corner and Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to speak to the owners with a view to them or   the Parish Steward cutting it back to improve visibility.  He also agreed to follow up on the             request for the Gully Cleaner to visit the Street.              Action Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

 

    • The Clerk presented a bank reconciliation and current liquidity statement as follows:
      • Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 1 Jun 17) £7508.39
      • Balance at Lloyds TSB BIAA (statement date 1 Apr 17) £0.00
      • Balance at Santander (statement date 8 May 17 £0.00
      • Combined Balance at 1 Jun 17 £39
      • Reconciled Balance as at 10 Jul 17 £6164.38

Members noted the statements but had no comment at this time.

 

  • Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting or presented for payments:
    • 574 Mr P Gill (Postage 19 May 17) £2.40
    • 575 Mr P Gill( Printer Cartridges 18 May 17) £21.00 (VAT £3.50)
    • 576 Community 1st (Insurance 1 Jun 17) £718.42
    • 577 Mr P Gill (Paper & Envelopes 22 May) £9.00 (VAT 1.50)
    • 578 D Bottomley (Lawn Mower Fuel 11 May 17) £21.59 (VAT £ 3.60)
    • 579 F Swift (Hog Roast 25 Jul 17) £550.00
    • 580 Ab Fab Loos (Summer Party 4 Jul 17) £99.00 (VAT £16.50)

 

  • Note payments Received.
    • R Hamerson £50.00 for Marquee hire.

Members noted receipt of the payments.

 

  • Santander Account. The Clerk reported that the Santander Account had been closed on 8th May 17 and the remaining balance transferred to the Council’s Lloyds Account.

 

  1. Village Events.

 

  • Walk the Parish Boundary Sat 13 May. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that although the Walk was successfully executed the attendance was disappointing.  Cllrs considered that this low turnout may have been due to the fact that the walk was held on Saturday and that it might be better attended if it were to be held on a Sunday.

 

  • Church Fete/Tea Party Sat 17 Jun. Although this was not a Council lead event Cllr Bottomley reported that the Party had been superbly organised by Mr & Mrs Robert East, well attended and raised £524.00 for the Church.

 

  • Summer Party Sat 15 Jul. Cllr Bottomley tabled the final planning check list and management plan for the party and after discussion members RESOLVED to allocate an extra £100.00 to the event as a contingency.  Moreover Members also agreed to invite Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling and Mr Marc Read to the party as guests of the Council.             Action: Cllr Bottomley

 

  • Bonfire Night Sat 4 Nov.
    • Cllr Bottomley reported that the use of the field and insurance cover had been confirmed and that wood for the fire would be delivered when requested. Cllr Symonds reported that the Fireworks had been paid for and would be collected on the day.  Cllr Jones reported that she met with Mrs Sally Matton, the outcome of which is that Cllr Jones now has a better understanding of the logistics involved in the organisation of the event.  She then went through the detail of the checklist to confirm actions required and the allocation of tasks.  She informed Members that it might be a good idea to purchase some catering equipment for use at this and future events as up to now Mrs Matton had supplied the equipment.  After consideration Members RESOLVED to authorise Cllr Jones to investigate the cost of 2 x hot water trays, 1 x 2 flat ring gas burner and 1 x “Burco” style water boiler and to report back at the next meeting.  Action: Cllr Jones.

                                                                                                           

  • Members confirmed that a Temporary Event Notice “TEN” was required for the event and that Cllr Jones was to make the application to Wilts Council.

                                                                                                Action: Cllr Jones.

  • Carol Service & Mince Pies. Members agreed to defer this item to the next meeting.

Action: Clerk.

 

  1. First World War Commemorative Trees. Having considered this tree planting initiative to commemorate the end of WW1, members were unable to identify any options in Everleigh and would prefer concentrating the proposed 10,000 trees for Wiltshire into one site for effect e.g. Tidworth Military Cemetery, where there are a substantial number of WW 1 Graves and there is plenty of space in a sanitised rural environment.                                                    Item Closed.

 

  1. General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Members noted that there may be a requirement for Parish Councils to have a Data Protection Officer in the future.  There were no volunteers for this role, although Cllr Hudson indicated that she may be able to take on this task.  Item Closed, unless the situation changes.

 

  1. Cllr Bottomley reported that the defibrillator was now fully functioning and thanked Cllr Hudson for her efforts in making this happen.  Members noted that there may be ongoing costs associated with the maintenance of the defibrillator.  Item Closed, unless the situation changes.

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00 pm on Monday 4th September 2017 at Collingbourne Ducis School.

 

The meeting closed at 9.00pm

 

 

Signed:                                                                                     date:

 

Name:

 

Chairman