Everleigh Parish Council – Meeting Minutes 10-01-2011

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

NOVEMBER 2010

 

Minutes of the Everleigh Parish Council Meeting held at the Crown Hotel

on Monday 10 January 2011

Chairman: Cllr S Matton

 

Present: Cllr A Bradford, Cllr M Goldsmith, Cllr D Bottomley, Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows.

 

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk), PC M Bayliss, Wilts County Cllr C Howard and one member of the public.

1. Apologies. Cllr J Copp & Cllr T McQuaid.

2.    Disclosure of Interest. Cllr Goldsmith declared an interest in item 9.1.

3. Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 1 November 2010. These were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

 

4. Matters Arising.  None that do not appear on the agenda.

 

5. General Public.  No questions asked

 

6. Wilshire Constabulary.  PC Bayliss reported on the incidents that had occurred since the last meeting the most significant of which were   3 incidents of poaching/hare coursing which are still being investigated.  He then spoke about an accident that had been caused by drifting snow on A342 and asked what the local arrangements were for clearing snow.  The Chair outlined the arrangements and agreed to speak to David May to look at how a repeat situation could be avoided.   PC Bayliss then answered questions from the members regarding the unauthorised removal of grit from grit bins.

The Chairman thanked PC Bayliss for attending the meeting.

 

7. County Councillor. Cllr C Howard reported that as a result of a reorganisation of the Wilts Highways department Everleigh will now be covered by the Salisbury depot.  Cllr Howard is due to visit this depot in the near future and will raise the issue of unrepaired potholes in the village.  He informed Members that he had attended the Local Transport Plan Seminar but had nothing to report.

The Chairman thanked Cllr C Howard for attending the meeting.

8. Correspondence – As received and if necessary held at the clerk’s office.

8.1             Royal British Legion  “Great Poppy Party Weekend”.

8.2             The Localism Bill.

8.3             Rural Housing Practical Guide for Parish Councils.

8.4            Community First News Letter.

Members noted the receipt of the correspondence .

9. Planning.

9.1              E/11/0004/FUL: – Erection of replacement dwelling and one new dwelling, at The Stores Everleigh Marlborough Wiltshire.  Having considered the application the Members RESOLVED to support the initiative to redevelop the site but not the application as submitted and further RESOLVED that Cllr Bottomley lead on replying to Wilts Council.

Action: Cllr Bottomley

10. Property.

10.1                      Cllr Goldsmith reported the problem telephone pole outside Jenoline is to be replaced.  He also agreed to report the defunct street light highlighted by Cllr Bottomley.

Action Cllr Goldsmith

10.2                      Play Area.

10.2.1       Cllr Bradford reported that the finished product is just what the Members had envisaged and that the next phase is the construction of the shelter.

 

10.2.2       After discussion of the signage requirement Members agreed that Cllr Bradford should lead and obtain a full quote.

Action:  Cllr Bradford

 

10.2.3       After discussion of what to do with the existing Basketball Hoop Members agreed that Cllr Bradford should try to sell it on behalf on the Council with the proceeds going towards the playground project.

Action:  Cllr Bradford

 

11. Finance.

11.1                The Clerk presented a current liquidity statement and bank reconciliation as follows:

11.1.1             Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 1 Dec10) £3117.90

11.1.2             Balance at Lloyds BIAA ( statement date 17 Apr 10) £51.72

11.1.3            Balance at Alliance and Leicester (statement date 3 Dec 10) £1942.31

11.1.4           Combined Balance £5111.93

Members noted the statement and reconciliation.

Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting.

11.1.5            356  Playdale (Play Area Inspection) £229.13

11.1.6            357 Mrs S Matton (Reimbursement) £22.43

11.1.7            358 Clerk’s salary & expenses – £221.98

Members RESOLVED to authorise the cheques

11.2                     Note receipts since last meeting.

11.2.1            Fireworks income – £170.74

11.2.2            TAB Grant – 1873.00

11.2.3            Great Green Systems – £60

11.2.4             A&L Interest £0.26p

Members noted the receipts

11.3                The Members noted the increase of the appropriate sum under Sect 137 of LAGA 1972 from £6.25 to £6.44.

11.4                The Clerk presented a Draft Budget for FY 11/12 which after detailed scrutiny Members RESOLVED to accept as presented.

11.5                Having considered the proposed Precept as set out in the agreed budget Members RESOLVED not to raise the level of the Precept from FY 10/110 and therefore to set the FY10/11 Precept at £3100.00.

Action: Clerk to raise demand to Wiltshire Council.

11.6                The Clerk reminded Members that despite his best efforts the invoice for the Fireworks had not been presented to support the account.  Cllr Matton agreed to take the matter forward with Cllr Copp.

Action: Cllrs Matton & Copp

11.7                Cllr Bradford agreed to obtain a formal invoice from J Bowen for the grass cutting by the time of the next meeting.

Action: Cllr Bradford

 

12. Roads.

12.1                        Cllr Bottomley reported that he had submitted an issues sheet regarding Speed Indication Devices to the TAB Manager but no reply has been received which may be as a result of the change of managers.  It was agreed that it should be raised again once the new manager was in place.   

Action:  Cllr Bottomley

12.2                       Cllr Matton raised the issue of the recent supply of grit by Wiltshire Council to the Parish Council which the Members had personally worked hard to distribute around the Village.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows found it sad to report the unauthorised extraction grit from bins by some residents for personal use which is un-neighbourly and possibly an offence.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows has produced information signs which he will place on grit bins.

Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows

 

 

 

 

13. Village Events

13.1                      Fire Works.   Cllr Matton reported in the absence of Cllr Copp reported that the event had been well received and attended, and that £170.74 was raised in support of the play area project.  It was agreed that Cllrs Goldsmith & McQuaid would lead on this year’s event which is planned for Saturday 5 November.

Action: Cllrs Goldsmith & McQuaid.

13.2                      Litter Pick.   The Chairman reported during the Litter Pick which took place on Saturday 6 November 8 full bags of litter were collected.

13.3                      Future Events.

13.3.1      Play Ground Opening.    Members agreed that the formal open ceremony of the Play Ground was to take place at 12.30pm on Friday 29 April as a street party/ bring your own BBQ/Picnic.  Cllr Matton agreed to lead on the event and Cllr Bottomley agreed to secure an appropriate person to conduct the opening ceremony.

Action:  Cllrs Matton & Bottomley

13.3.2      Litter Pick.        Members agreed that the Litter Pick was to take place on Saturday 9 April proceeded  by a “Getting to Know Each Other” Coffee Morning and talk.  Cllr Matton agreed to lead and Cllr Wheeler- Mallows agreed to arrange a speaker to talk on the Great Bustard.

Action:  Cllrs Matton & Wheeler- Mallows

14. AOB for information only.

14.1                      The Clerk informed Members that he would be out of the country 7 February- 3 March inclusive.

14.2                      Cllr Goldsmith spoke about a very successful and enjoyable “Jazz in the Church” event that he had attended in Collingbourne Ducis Church and suggested that this might be repeated in Everleigh Church.  Members agree to defer the suggestion to the next meeting.

14.3                      Cllr Goldsmith asked how “Children Playing” signs were resourced and after discussion he agreed to speak to Wilts Cllr Howard.

Action:  Cllr Goldsmith

 

15. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00pm on Monday 7 March 2011 to be held at the Crown Hotel.

 

Signed:                                                                                      date:

Name:

Chairman

Leave a Reply