EverleighParish Council Meeting Minutes – 9th May 2011

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual meeting of the Parish Council held

at the Crown Hotel on Monday 9 May 2011

Chairman: Cllr Matton

 

Present: Cllr Bradford, Cllr M Goldsmith and Cllr T McQuaid.

 

In Attendance: & Mr C Haywood

1.         Election of officers:

1.1.      Chairman: There being no other nominations Cllr Matton was invited to continue as Chairman for another year.

Proposed by Cllr Goldsmith, seconded by Cllr Bradford

Cllr Matton was duly elected as Chairman and signed the Acceptance of Office.

1.2. Vice Chairman: There being no other nominations and having previously expressed an interest Cllr Bottomley was invited to continue as Vice Chairman for another year.

Proposed by Cllr S Matton, seconded by Cllr McQuaid.

Cllr Bottomley was duly elected.

2.         Apologies: Cllr D Bottomley and Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

 

3.         Allocation of Jobs.

3.1.      Planning Chair: Cllr Bottomley to be Chair of the Planning Committee.

Proposed by Cllr Matton seconded by Cllr Bradford

3.2. Property Chair:  Cllr Goldsmith to be Chair of the Property Committee.

Proposed by Cllr Matton seconded by Cllr Bradford.

3.4.      Committees/Roles:

3.4.1    Planning. Cllr Bradford and Wheeler-Mallows were appointed to the Planning Committee.

3.4.2 Property.  Cllr McQuaid was appointed to the Property Committee as was Cllr Hayward post co-option.

4.         Disclosure of Interest. None declared.

5. General Public. None present

 

6.         Wiltshire Constabulary. Already given at Annual Parish Meeting.

7.         Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 7th March 2011. The minutes of the Parish council Meeting held on 8th March 2011 signed by the Chairman as a true record.

8.         Matters Arising.  No matters arising

 

9.         Correspondence. None received which has not been circulated

10.       Planning. No allocations received.

11.       Property. Cllr Goldsmith reported the following:

11.1     Grass Cutting.

11.1.1       Having reviewed the arrangements the Members RESOLVED that Mr J Bowen continue cutting the verges at £30 per cut.

11.1.2 Cllr McQuaid to contact BT regarding the replacement of the bottom panels in the phone box on Netheravon Road.                     Action: Cllr McQuaid

11.1.3       Cllr Goldsmith to fit a hook on the public side of the Parish notice board on Right hand side at entrance to The Street.                Action: Cllr Goldsmith

11.1.4       Cllr Goldsmith to remove a large branch which has fallen over the 50 mph on Marlborough Rd.                                                      Action: Cllr Goldsmith

11.1.5       It was reported the Service Pole in the garden of Jenoline had still not been replaced – Cllr Goldsmith to follow up original request to replace.

Cllr Goldsmith

11.2   Play Area.

11.2.1      Cllr Bradford reported the Play Area Projects are all now complete and that this area of responsibility can now be passed over to the Property Committee for routine inspection and maintenance.

12.       Finance.

12.1 The Clerk presented a bank reconciliation and current liquidity statement as follows:

12.1.1      Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 31 Mar 11) £275.01

12.1.2      Balance at Lloyds TSB BIAA (statement date 7 Sep 10) £51.72

12.1.3      Balance at Santander (statement date 31 Mar 11) £1942.82

12.1.4      Combined Balance £2269.55

Members noted the statements but had no comment at this time.

 

12.2                       Having reviewed the effectiveness of the internal audit in line with the guidance set out in the “Practitioners’ Guide” and the subsequent report submitted by the Internal Auditor the Members e and RESOLVED that the internal audit was effective, to accept the Internal Auditor’s report and  Section 4 of the Annual Return.

12.3            Having considered the Accounts to 31st March 2011 Members RESOLVED to approve the Accounts.

12.4            Having reviewed the risk assessment and insurance levels for FY10/11 and agreed that they were appropriate Member RESOLVED that they were appropriate.

12.5            Having considered the Statement of Assurance for year ended 31st March 2011 Members RESOLVED to approve the statement.

12.6            Having considered appointing an Internal Auditor for FY 11/12 Members RESOLVED to appoint Mr D Beaton.

12.7            Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting or presented for payment.

12.7.1      366  – Landmarc (Play Area Rent) £40.00

12.7.2      367 – Mr P Gill (Stamps) £15.36

12.7.3      368 – WALC & NALC Subscription – £76.06

12.7.4      369 – Community First Insurance – £904.53

12.7.5      370 – D Bottomley (Reimbursement for Insurance) £42.35

12.7.6      371 – S Matton – (Reimbursement Play Ground Opening) £8.73

Members RESOLVED to authorise the cheques

12.8 Payments Received

12.8.1      Precept- £3100.00

Members noted receipt of the Precept

12.9            Having considered the list of authorised Bank Signatories Members RESOLVED that Cllrs Matton, Bottomley and Goldsmith be the authorised Bank Signatories.                                                                               Action: Clerk

12.10        Having considered engaging Douglas Tonks Ltd as their PAYE Agent Members RESOLVED to engage Douglas Tonks Ltd as their PAYE Agent.

Action: Cllr Matton & Clerk

12.11        The Chairman reminded the Members that they had set a very tight budget for FY 11/12 and that as a result their ability to spend on non budgeted items was very limited.

12.12        Having reviewed the Standing Orders and Financial Regulations Members RESOLVED that the Standing Orders and Financial Regulations remained appropriate.

12.13        Having considered the condition of the Little Tykes Playground equipment the Members RESOLVED that it had reached the end of its useful life and should be written off and struck from the asset register.

Action: Clerk

 

13. Village Events.

13.1            Playground Opening.  Cllr Matton reported that The Playground Opening Ceremony and Royal Wedding celebrations were a huge success and very well attended (60+ villagers).  “Thank yous” had been sent to all involved and the Parish Council should be very proud of its achievements here.

13.2             Fire Works.  The fire works event this year will be organised by Cllrs Goldsmith and McQuaid.

Action: Cllrs Goldsmith and McQuaid to outline arrangements at the next meeting.

14. No 80 Bus.  Having considered the effect of changes to the timetable Members have set up a meeting with Wilts Council Bus Network manager at 11.am of Tue 17 at the Goa Balti with a view to having at least one more bus calling at the Crown each way per day.

 

15. Co-option. Following a vote and having met the statutory (LGA 1972 Sect 79 & 80) eligibility requirements Mr C Haywood was co-opted as a Member of the Council.  Cllr Haywood then signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office (LGA 1972 Sect 83).  The Clerk then reminded Cllr Haywood that he was required to complete the register of Members’ Interests within 28 days. Cllr Hayward, having been co-opted was also assigned to the Property Committee.  Action: Cllr Haywood

16. AOB.

16.1            Broadband: Due to the issues experienced in the village with broadband connection, it was agreed that a campaign be presented to BT outlining the need for effective broadband to the homes in Everleigh. Action: Mr Tom Crapper has kindly offered to lead the campaign and further updates will follow.

16.2            TCA Awards: Everleigh Parish Council has been nominated for an award for its work on the Play Areas. Action: Cllrs McQuaid and Matton to attend awards on 25th May 2011.

Action: Cllrs Matton & McQuaid

16.3            Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge: Cllr Matton to approach DTE and ask if they would be willing to have the site protected under this scheme for the life of the lease .

Action: Cllr Matton

16.4            Metro Count; The results showed that the issue of speeding through the village was not as serious as perceived and that Wiltshire Council would be unlikely to support further action.

16.5            Link Scheme – there is a need for volunteers to help run the scheme – Action Cllr Matton to design and distribute a leaflet door to door to advertise the scheme and the need for help.

Action: Cllr Matton

 

17. Date of Next Meeting: was confirmed as 7.00 pm on Monday 11th July 2011 at The Crown Hotel.

 

Signed:                                                                                      date:

 

Name:

 

Chairman

Leave a Reply