EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD REMOTELY (via Zoom) on TUESDAY 5 JANUARY 2021
Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley
Present: Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr P Evans, Cllr H Waight and Cllr A Earle.
In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk), Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling, Wilts Cllr C Williams and Mr T Martin (Potential Co-Optee) and one Member of the Public.
1. Explanation and Welcome. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting and explained that on 4th April 2020 the Government introduced The Local Authorities and Police and Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Police and Crime Panel Meetings) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020 which allows local councils to meet remotely. These regulations apply to meetings held before 7th May 2021. A copy of the Regulations is available from the Clerk. The Chairman also highlighted that an Everleigh Parish Council protocol for the conduct of remote meetings was issued on 1st May 2020 and summarized the key points from this protocol.
2. Apologies: None
3. Disclosure of Interest. None declared.
4. Co-option. The Clerk reported that an expression of interest to join the Parish Council had been received from Mr T Martin after the Agenda had been issued and after he had been resident in Everleigh since mid December. As a result, Cllrs RESOLVED to defer consideration of any application until the next PC meeting. However, the Chairman invited Mr T Martin to introduce himself. Action: Clerk
5. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 27 October 2020.
5.1 Previous Minutes. The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on
27 October 2020 were agreed and Cllrs RESOLVED that the minutes were to be signed by the Chairman as a true record as soon as possible after the meeting.
Action: Chairman & Clerk
5.2 Matters Arising.
Item 11.4 The Street Notice Board has been repaired for which the Chairman congratulated Cllr Earle, and Parish Walk Leaflets have been posted on the notice boards. Item closed.
6. General Public. No questions asked.
7. Wilts Council Cllr Report. Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling reported the following: due to the upsurge in COVID -19 cases and the latest restrictions Wilts Council has moved out of recovery mode and back into response mode. He encouraged all Cllrs to join the Wilts Council live half-hour COVID-19 Public Update which is scheduled for Wednesday 6 January at 7pm.
Cllrs noted the report and asked a number of questions for clarity.
8. Police Report. PC Dugan reported the following by email:
8.1.1 Vehicle Offences – Everleigh and Netheravon – 3 reports.
8.1.2 Burglary – Non-Dwelling Everleigh and Netheravon – report.
8.1.3 Public Order – Everleigh and Netheravon – 1 report.
8.2.1 Throughout the area crime rates in October 2020 have been compared to that of last year’s rates in 2019 and results are as follows;
Overall crime down 16%
Violent Crime down 19%
Violence with injury down 52%
Burglary down 45%
8.2.2 Violence against the person – Everleigh – 1 Report.
8.3.1 Assault/Violence against the person. There have been 15 reported assaults for the month of December. These incidents can be domestic violence or offences outside of the home. Due to the nature of the incidents- individual details will not be shared.
Cllrs noted the report
9. Correspondence. None that has not been previously circulated.
10. Forecast of Events. Having considered the draft forecast of events previously circulated on 18 December 2020 Cllrs RESOLVED to adopt the forecast of events as drafted.
11.1 No applications received.
12.1 Grass Cutting. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the invoice for the 2020 cutting season has been paid. He has yet to confirm the grass cutting contract for the 2021 cutting season; however, he anticipates that the costs will be similar to 2020. Action. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
12.2 Play Area. The play area remains closed, but is secure. Cllr Bottomley reported that based on information he had gathered from a number of sources he intended to draft a plan to implement the safe reopening of the play area. To this end he volunteered to conduct a risk assessment and present a draft reopening plan at the March PC meeting with a view to opening the play area in the Spring or on call, with due regard to the COVID-19 situation. Action: Cllr Bottomley.
12.3 Streetscene Minor Works. Liaison with the Parish Steward continues and
all identified works have been reported via the My Wilts App.
Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
12.4 Bench Seat. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that gravel had been laid out around the tree and that he was to start construction of the bench in the near future.
Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
12.5 Lower Everleigh Bus Shelter. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the Lower
Everleigh Bus Shelter was in a poor state of repair and needs to be repaired or removed and
that the local residents appear to be ambivalent regarding repair or removal. After
discussion Cllrs RESOLVED that the bus shelter should not be removed at this time
and Cllr Wheeler- Mallows was to investigate and report back at the next PC meeting. Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
12.6 Defibrillator. Cllr Earle reported that the village defibrillator by The Street noticeboard is in working order and monthly checks are being conducted and reported.
13.1 The Clerk presented a bank reconciliation and current liquidity statement as follows:
13.1.1 Balance at Lloyds CA (statement date 1 Dec 20) £5,321.35
13.1.2 Reconciled Balance as at 4 Jan 20 £4353.30
Cllrs noted the statements, but had no comment at this time.
13.2 Authorise the following payments and those cheques issued since last meeting.
13.2.1 686 A Earle (Cork Sheet 30 Oct 20) £43.49 (VAT £7.25)
13.2.2 687 P Gill (Lexis Nexis 4 Nov 20) £60.00
13.2.3 DD ICO Registration (30 Oct 20) £35.00
13.2,4 BACS J Bowen (Grass Cutting 26 Nov 20) £545.00
13.2.5 688 P Gill (Print Cartridges 15 Dec 20) £22.99 (VAT £3.83)
13.2.6 689 P Gill (Clerk’s Salary & Expense Jan- Mar 20 – 21 Dec 20) £320.06
13.2.7 690 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE Jan-Mar 21 – 21 dec 20) £80.00.
Cllrs RESOLVED to authorise the payments and cheques.
13.3 Receipts. Nil.
13.4 Bank Signatories. Having considered the number of Cllrs required to be bank accounts signatories Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllrs Bottomley, Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr P Evans and H Waight were to be the bank signatories. Action: Clerk
13.5. FY 21/22. Having considered in some depth the draft budget presented by Cllr Bottomley and the Clerk Cllrs RESOLVED to accept the budget as presented and as a result further RESOLVED to set the precept for FY 21-22 at £3688.71. This is an increase of 1.83% (£0.73) for Band D. Action: Clerk
13.6 Future Projects. Following on from the discussions at item 13.5 Cllrs RESOLVED that there was a requirement to develop a more formal process to identify future projects and their timelines and that this is to be an agenda item at the March Meeting. Action: Clerk
14. Lower Everleigh Broadband Build. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the build was on going. Wilts Council have indicated that improved broadband for Lower Everleigh should be in place by the end of March this year. Cllrs RESOLVED that this item need not appear on the agenda of the next meeting.
Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows & Clerk
15. Village Events.
15.1 Litter Pick Sat 6 Mar 21. Cllr Bottomley reported that at present the litter pick is to take place in its usual format as planned subject to the then current COVID-19 situation.
Action: Cllr Bottomley
16. Marlborough Road Speed Limit. Cllr Bottomley recapped on the background to this item and reported no change to his last report in that he anticipates that implementation can be completed within the current financial year. However, he is due to attend a CATG meeting on 11th January after which he will circulate an update by email. Action: Cllr Bottomley.
17. Right of Way (RoW) 6. Cllr Earle reported that a number of villagers had commented to him on the deteriorating condition of RoW 6 at the top of the Street. Cllr Bottomley reported that he had confirmed that RoW 6 is a Restricted Byway and as such horses are allowed to use it. Having considered the condition of the RoW 6 Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllr Earle was to contact the Wilts Council RoW officer (Alex Howson) to find out what could be done to protect the RoW and once he had done so Cllrs were to meet on site to discuss the situation. Action: Cllr Earle
18. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00 pm on Tuesday 2 March 2021.
Meeting closed at 8.25pm