Category Archives: Latest News & Events

Everleigh News and Events

Everleigh Parish Council Agenda for 8th July 2019

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

Dear Sir/Madam

I hereby give you notice that the next Meeting of the above named Parish Council will be held in Collingbourne Ducis School on Monday 8 July 2019 at 7.00pm.

All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business to be transacted at the meeting as set out hereunder.

The public and press are invited to attend.

Dated this 2nd day of July 2019.

Signed: Philip Gill

Clerk

Continue reading Everleigh Parish Council Agenda for 8th July 2019

Minutes of Meeting 7th May 2019

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual meeting of the Parish Council held

at Collingbourne Ducis School on Monday 7th May 2019

Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley

Present: Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr J Jones, Cllr E Hudson, M Bourton,

Cllr A Earle.

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk) and Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling

1. Election of Officers:

1.1. Chairman: There being no other nominations Cllr Bottomley was proposed.

Members RESOLVED to elect Cllr Bottomley as Chairman who then signed the Acceptance of Office.

1.2. Vice Chairman: There being no other nominations Cllr Wheeler-Mallows was proposed.

Continue reading Minutes of Meeting 7th May 2019

Everleigh Parish Council – Meeting Minutes 7th May 2019

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual meeting of the Parish Council held

at Collingbourne Ducis School on Monday 7th May 2019

Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley

Present: Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr J Jones, Cllr E

Cllr A Earle.

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk) and Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling

Continue reading Everleigh Parish Council – Meeting Minutes 7th May 2019

Annual Meeting of the Parish – Minutes 7th May 2019

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual meeting of the Parish

held at Collingbourne School on Tuesday 7th May 2019

Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley (Chair).

Present: Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr M Burton, Cllr J Jones, Cllr E Hudson and Cllr A Earle

Apologies: PCSO J Akehurst, (Wiltshire Constabulary)

Continue reading Annual Meeting of the Parish – Minutes 7th May 2019

Everleigh Parish Council – Agenda – 7th May 2019

Annual Parish Council Meeting

Dear Sir/Madam

I hereby give you notice that the Annual Parish Council Meeting of the above named Parish Council will be held in Collingbourne School on Tuesday 7th May 2019 after the Annual Parish Meeting.

All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business to be transacted at the meeting as set out hereunder.

The public and press are invited to attend.

Dated this 29 day of April 2019.

Signed: Philip Gill

Continue reading Everleigh Parish Council – Agenda – 7th May 2019

Everleigh Parish Council – Meeting Minutes 12th March 2019

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held

at Collingbourne Ducis School on 12 March 2019

Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley

Present: Cllr M Burton and Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows. (Meeting quorate)

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk)

  1. Apologies. Cllr T Symonds Cllr A Earle Cllr J Jones Cllr E Hudson and Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling
Continue reading Everleigh Parish Council – Meeting Minutes 12th March 2019

Paths for All

“Paths for All” – Tidworth Community Area

A launch event to improve our local rights of way and encourage more people to use them

Wednesday 15th May, 7pm – 8.15pm, Collingbourne Ducis Village Hall

Hello 

I am writing to invite you to a workshop hosted by Tidworth Area Board to launch an exciting new project called ‘Paths for All’.

The Tidworth Community Area stretches from the Chutes to Netheravon and Tidworth to the Collingbournes. It contains some magnificent countryside that is often hard to access or not known about. The project aims to improve and encourage the use of some of the rights of way within this area, in order that local people and visitors alike can enjoy it more.

There are three elements to the project. Firstly, for parish councils, community groups and others to select rights of way to improve and promote. Secondly to make any improvements where required and where possible. Thirdly, to encourage people of all ages to use them more. The Area Board has put aside £6k to start the project off and is keen for all within the area to have the opportunity to get involved. Benefits include healthier lifestyles, improved wellbeing, generating care for our environment and increased tourism. 

The workshop will launch the project and we are inviting all stakeholders and those who have an interest to come together at Collingbourne Ducis Village Hall on the 15th May. It will last just over an hour and we will:

  • Hear a little more about the project and a chance to ask questions
  • Learn from the experience of Bedwyn Footpath Group
  • Start to collect existing knowledge and support those who would like to be involved
  • Start to collect ideas on how we can encourage greater use by all
  • Agree next steps, receive some useful tips and hear how you can let us know what you are planning to do

The rights of way and countryside team are working closely with us and will be at the workshop to offer their expertise and help. However, the project can only succeed with your help and most importantly we need local people, parish councils, businesses, community groups and others to get involved.

I would be grateful if you can also share this invitation widely and particularly with anyone or any group whom you think would like to also come along and get involved. I have also attached a poster to display and a text only piece for newsletters for you to use if you are able to.

I hope that you will be able to join us on the 15th May. If you are unable to do so, but would still like to be involved in the project, please contact Richard Rogers (Community Engagement Manger) at richard.rogers@wiltshire.gov.uk

Following the workshop, you are most welcome to stay on for a short meeting of the Tidworth Area Board if you wish to.

Ian Blair-Pilling

Cllr for The Collingbournes and Netheravon Ward

Portfolio Holder for ICT and Digitalisation


Everleigh Parish Council 8th Jan 2019 – Minutes

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

 Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held

at Collingbourne Ducis School on 8 January 2019

Chairman:      Cllr D Bottomley

Present:           Cllr M Burton, Cllr J Jones, Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, and Cllr A Earle

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk)

  1. Apologies.  Cllr T Symonds Cllr E Hudson and Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling
  • Disclosure of Interest.  None declared.
  • Minutes of the Previous Meeting.  The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 23rd October 2018 after one minor amendment were signed by the Chairman as a true record.
  • Matters Arising.  
    •  Item 4.1 Footpath Strimming.  This was added to the list of tasks for the Play Ground Works Party on Sat 13 Apr 19.
  • General Public.  No questions asked.
  • Wilts Constabulary.  PCSO George sent a report by email a summary of which follows: 

Ludgershall & Ludgershall Rural Report – December 2018

Target Patrols December 2018

On 9th November additional patrols commenced in the Tidworth/Ludgershall area following incidents of violence and concerns around drug use. To date 102 patrols/actions have taken place. The patrol continues at this time.

Local Crimes

BURGLARY

Ludgershall.  11/12/2018 16:12- Unknown suspect(s) have entered the location via a kitchen window. An untidy search has been carried out and an Ipad has been stolen.  A jewellery box was also found on the floor.

THEFT

Tidworth Tesco.  18/12/2018. –  Unknown suspects have gone into the store and taken dolls amounting to the price of £270. The suspects have put them into the trolley, covered them with cardboard and walked out of the store without making any attempt to pay.  The suspects put the items into their vehicle and drove away

Ludgershall.  12/12/2018 – Unknown suspect(S) have smashed the reporting persons husbands works van window with an unknown object and stolen his site radio TVO £140

Ludgershall.  12/12/2018 08:44 –  Unknown person has smashed driver’s side small window and taken a number  of items. , Sat Nav Garmin, E Pod and headphones TVO £150.00 plus the I Pod

CRIMINAL DAMAGE

Ludgershall.  10/12/2018 10:28 -Unknown suspect(s) have caused damage to a large window at the front of the restaurant; this has caused a huge crack to appear.

Ludgershall.  12/12/2018 08:44-  Unknown suspect has smashed driver side window of vehicle by unknown means then unlocked the door. No signs of search.  No items stolen.

SUSPICIOUS/OTHER

Everleigh.  16/12/2018 10:53 Fencing on farm land has been cut and vehicle driven across land. Suspects reported to have been hare coursing.

The Chairman thanked PCSO George for his report.

  • County Councillor.  Due to the absence of Wilts Cllr Blair-Piling no report was offered. 
  • Correspondence.  None that has not been previously circulated.
  • Planning.  To consider application as received from Wilts Council.

9.1 None received.

  1. Property. 
    1. Grass Cutting.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that Mr J Bowen has agreed to cut the grass 6 times in 2019 at a cost of £75.00 per cut.   After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED to authorise Cllr Wheeler -Mallows to approve a further two cuts if required.    Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
    1. Play Area.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that other than remedial action that is to be carried out by a Works Party on Sat 13 Apr 19 the rest of the play area is in good order.                                                                                                                           Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
    1. Streetscene Minor Works.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the village was in good order generally.  He had however raised the issue of mud running off the MOD land onto the road at lower Everleigh with Wilts Council and that he will monitor the response.  He further reported that two of the Winter Road Salt Bins had been replenished and that the third would be replenished in the very near future.                                                                                              Action: Cllrs Wheeler-Mallows.
    1. Village Gates.  Cllr Earle reported that the roses had been purchased under budget, planted and were showing signs of growth.
    1. Defibrillator.  Cllr Wheeler- Mallows reported that Mr M Goldsmithhad taken down and tested the defibrillators the results of which showed that two new Paddles were required and that some damage had occurred due the intense sunlight and high temperatures experienced during last summer.  After discussion Cllrs resolved that Cllr Wheeler- Mallows was to purchase two new Paddles at a cost not to exceed £80.00 + VAT and to find a new location for the Defibrillator or to construct a cover  that would  protect the defibrillator in its current location.   

                                                                                                Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows

  1. Finance.
    1. The Clerk presented a bank reconciliation and current liquidity statement as follows:
      1. Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement 1 Nov 18) £4449.10
      1. Reconciled Balance as at 4 Jan 19  £4218.72

Members noted the statements but had no comment at this time.

  1. Authorise cheques for payment and those issued since last meeting
    1. 632 D Bottomley (Water Boiler 24 Oct 18) £119.98 (VAT 19.99)
    1. 633 J Jones (Bonfire “TEN” 14 Sep 18) £21.00
    1. 634 J Jones Bonfire Catering Eqpt 25 Oct 18) £159.56 (VAT (26.60)
    1. DD (ICO Registration 30 Oct 18) £35.00
    1. 635 A Earle (roses for Village Entrances 23 Nov 18) £245.69 (VAT £14.05)
    1. 636 J Jones (Bonfire Food 2 Nov 18) £77.80 (VAT £3.49)
    1. 637 E Hudson (Carol Service Items 14 Dec 18) £35.31 (VAT £2.16)
    1. 638 P Gill (Clerk’s Salary & Expenses Oct-Dec 18) £303.48
    1. 639  HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE Oct – Dec 18) £ 76.00

Cllrs RESOLVED to authorise the cheques.

  1. Note payments received.
    1. £507.90.
    1. Bank Signatories.  Having considered the Santander Bank signatories Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllrs Bottomley, Jones, Hudson, Symonds and Wheeler- Mallows be the bank signatories.                                                                                                          Action:  Clerk.
  2. Village Events.
  1. Bonfire/Fireworks Night Sat 3 Nov.  Cllr Jones reported that the bonfire and fireworks night had been a roaring success with an attendance of over 150 including some friends from neighbouring villages.  The Chairman thanked Cllr Jones, other Cllrs and village volunteers for their efforts and unstinting goodwill in making the event such a success.  He also drew attention to the wonderful team spirit that was shown during the no notice re-positioning of the marquee.  There then followed a discussion regarding the growth of the event during which it became clear that in order for the event to continue there  may be a need for some more village volunteers to assist the Cllrs with the setting up and dismantling of the Bonfire/Fireworks.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to find ways to consult with the villagers in order to gauge the possible level of other volunteers prepared to assist with the event.  As a result Cllrs deferred a decision on the continuation of the event until its May meeting and that the event should continue to have a line in the FY 19/20 budget for the time being. .

                                                                        Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows & Clerk

  1. Remembrance Sunday 11 Nov 18.  Cllr Bottomley reported that the Village had linked up with neighbours from the Collingbournes to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of the First World War.  Turnout was high, to give thanks and to remember those who served their country during the Great War.
    1. Carol Service and Mince Pies Sat 8 Dec.  Cllr Bottomley reported that the carol service and mince pies event had been an excellent event and was thoroughly enjoyed by everyone who attended.  However, the attendance was lower than in previous years.  The Chairman remarked on the superb decoration of the Church by the Ladies of Everleigh, the singing of the carols and the children’s readings. He then thanked Cllr Hudson and all involved for their efforts. 
  1.  Forecast of Events.  Having considered thepreviously circulated draft 2019 Forecast of Events Cllrs RESOLVED to amend the date of the July Council Meeting from Tue 9 Jul to Mon 8 Jul 19. 

                                                                                                                               Action:  Clerk

  1. A342 & Marlborough Road Speed Limits.  Cllr Bottomley briefed Cllrs on the situation to date and tabled a set of papers for consideration by the Cllrs.  After consideration of the papers and an in depth discussion of the way forward Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllr Bottomley was to present a case at the next CATG meeting on Mon 14 Jan 19 to have the speed limits on A342 and Marlborough Road reviewed with the intention of having them reduced from 50 MPH down to 40 MPH and that the Council would be prepared to contribute to the cost of this review if required.             Action:  Cllr Bottomley.
  1. FY 19-20.  Having considered in some depth the draft budget presented by Cllr Bottomley and the Clerk the Cllrs RESOLVED to accept the budget as presented and as a result further RESOLVED to set the precept for FY 19-20 at £3673.86.  This is an increase of 2.17%(£0.83) for Band D properties which is below the Retail Price Index measure for September 2018 (2.3%) which is the figure normally used in accordance with normal Government practice.         Action: Clerk
  1. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Tuesday 12 March 2019 at 7.00pm in Collingbourne Ducis School.

The meeting closed at 8.30pm

Signed:                                                                                     date:

Name:                                                                                      Chairman