Everleigh Parish Council – Meeting Minutes – 23rd October 2018

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

 Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held

at Collingbourne Ducis School on 23 October 2018

 

Chairman:      Cllr D Bottomley

Present:           Cllr M Burton, Cllr J Jones, Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr T Symonds and Cllr A Earle

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk) and Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling

  1. Cllr E Hudson and PC L Wileman.

 

  1. Disclosure of Interest. None declared.

 

  1. Minutes of the Previous Meeting. The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 3rd September 2018 were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

 

  1. Matters Arising.

 

  • Item 4.1. The stile is now in place and Cllr Bottomley and Wheeler-Mallows agreed to strim the footpath route.

 

  • Item 14. The Direct Debit to register with ICO has been set up and is due on 30 Oct 18 at a cost of £35.00.

 

  1. General Public. No questions asked.

 

  1. Wilts Constabulary. PCSO George sent a report by email a summary of which follows: 

 

Ludgershall & Ludgershall Rural Report – September 2018

 

Op Aston took place on Sunday 9th September and aims to tackle illegal activity on Salisbury Plain Training Area (SPTA), including off roaders in areas not permitted to the public and people contravening the by-laws.  The operation deals with illegal activity occurring on the day, but also acts as future deterrent helping to educate people about how to safely and lawfully enjoy Salisbury Plain.  Throughout the operation, which was jointly run by Wiltshire Police and the MOD as members of the Wiltshire Rural crime partnership, officers stopped over 20 vehicles.  Four motorcycles were seized for being driven with no insurance, three fixed penalty notices were issued for vehicles being driven off road without landowner permission with the drivers issued section 59 warnings for antisocial or inconsiderate driving.

 

Any Relevant Incidents for Everleigh for September 2018.     Nil

 

This link will allow you to check stats in more detail for your area, and all surrounding areas.  https://www.police.uk/   If you wish further detail please contact your local officers – PCSO Amy Jones & PCSO Luke George

Email: amy.jones@wiltshire.pnn.police.uk & luke.george@wiltshire.pnn.police.uk

The Chairman thanked PCSO George for his report.

 

  1. County Councillor. Wilts Cllr Blair-Piling reported on the following:

The closure of the Everleigh HRC and the reasons underpinning the decision which were running costs and usage levels.  It is worth noting that there were over 1300 responses and that the date for closure is TBC.  The early findings of the Electoral Boundary Review initial consultation, which runs 29 Aug – 5 Nov 18 are the possible grouping of the Everleigh, The Collingbournes and Chutes and North Ludgershall into an Electoral division the title  of which is TBC if and when the Division is confirmed.  He is trying to arrange a Workshop with Nick Cowan the Officer at Wilts Council who is responsible for Highways and Byways.  The aim of the Workshop would be for Nick Cowan to explain to Parish Council representatives what can and cannot be done and what can realistically be funded and for the representatives to put questions to Nick Cowan.

The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling for his report.

 

  1. None that has not been previously circulated.

 

  1. To consider application as received from Wilts Council.

9.1 None received.

 

    • Grass Cutting. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported J Bowden has finished the cuts for the year and has presented an invoice of £535.00 for payment.  After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED to authorise the payment of £535.00 and confirmed that they were content for Mr J Bowden to cut the grass 6 times in 2019 at a cost of £75.00 per cut.                        Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
    • Play Area. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the Annual RoSPA inspection had taken place on 25 Sep 18 and that there were no major faults or risks identified.  The bench had been repaired and the other recommended remedial action is to be carried out by a Works Party on Sat 13 Apr 19.                                                                                                   Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
    • Streetscene Minor Works. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the village was in good order, but encouraged Villagers to continue to report work to him.  Following a discussion regarding Winter Rock Salt supplies, Cllrs Bottomley and Wheeler-Mallows agreed to organise a mini Works Party in December to replenish the village bins using Parish Council reserves, stored at the ISO.

Action: Cllrs Wheeler-Mallows & Bottomley.

  • Village Gates. Cllr Earle briefed Cllrs on his idea to plant rose bushes behind the “Everleigh” signs at the entrances to the village as an alternative to Village Gates.  After a lengthy discussion Cllrs RESOLVED to authorise Cllr Earle to purchase and plant roses bushes behind the Everleigh” signs at a cost not to exceed £240.00 +VAT.                                                   Action:  Cllr Earle
  • Cllr Wheeler- Mallows informed Cllrs he has spoken to Mr M Goldsmith regarding taking down and testing the defibrillator; however it has not yet been inspected.  In the meantime Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to speak again to Mr Goldsmith and to put an “Out Of Order” sign on the defibrillator.                                                       Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows

 

    • The Clerk presented a bank reconciliation and current liquidity statement as follows:
      • Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement 1 Oct 18) £ 5703.52
      • Reconciled Balance as at 20 Oct 18 £5349.64

Members noted the statements but had no comment at this time.

  • Authorise cheques for payment and those issued since last meeting
    • 626 E Hudson (Wilts Council TEN Carol Service 4 Sep 18) £21.00.
    • 627 Roses Ltd (Fireworks 11 Sep 18) £600.00 (VAT 100.00).
    • 628 E Hudson (Bonfire Sundries 12 Oct 18) £219.48 (VAT £35.59)
    • 629 Playsafety Ltd (RoSPA inspection 11 Oct 18) £113.40 (VAT £18.90)
    • 630 P Gill (Printer Cartridges 20 Oct 18) £30.00 (VAT 5.00)
    • 631 J Bowen (grass cutting 21 Oct 18) £535.00

Cllrs RESOLVED to authorise the cheques.

  • Note payments received.
    • £Nil.
  • The Clerk confirmed the Direct Debit had been set up to pay the Data Protection Registration which the Cllrs noted.
  • The Clerk informed Cllrs that he now had online access to the account which the Cllrs noted.
  • The Clerk reminded Cllrs that the budget and the Precept for FY 19/20 would be set at the next meeting and that Cllrs should give thought now to any expenditure to be allocated in the budget.
  1. Village Events.
    • Harvest Festival Sat 13 Oct 18. The Church was decorated extremely well by the Ladies of Everleigh, who arranged stunning flowers.  Our vicar, Jo Reid, conducted an excellent service.  The children gave a great rendition of the Harvest Thanksgiving and hymns were heartily sung.  Harvest gifts were gratefully received and donated to the West House Farm Residential Care Home in Collingbourne Ducis.
    • Bonfire Night Sat 3 Nov 18. Cllr Bottomley tabled a draft planning Check list and management plan which was considered and amended and then accepted by Cllrs.  He also tabled a DTi Fireworks Organisers Guide which Cllrs noted.  Cllr Jones reported that there was a requirement to purchase another “Water Boiler” and PVC table cloths.  After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED to authorise a further spend of up £300.00 + VAT.                                               Action: All Cllrs.                                                                                                                                
    • Remembrance Sunday 11 Nov 18. Cllr Bottomley reported that he had received an official invitation for the Council and village to take part in a Remembrance Sunday event in the Collingbournes which the Chairman will attend.  There is to be a Remembrance Service in St Mary’s Church in Collingbourne Kingston in the morning assembling at 1030am, with a commemoration event in Collingbourne Ducis starting at 1.45pm.  Further details are on a flyer Cllr Bottomley tabled and is on the Village Website and in the next edition of the Courier.                  Action: Cllr Bottomley.
    • Carol Service Sat 8 Dec 18. Cllr Bottomley tabled a draft management plan and risk assessment and budget for the Carol Service and the associated activities.  After discussion Cllrs accepted the drafts with minor amendments and RESOLVED to authorise a spend of up to £120.00+VAT.                          Action:  Cllrs Bottomley, Hudson and Wheeler-Mallows.

 

  1. Forecast of Events 2019. Cllr Bottomley tabled a draft forecast of Events which Cllrs accepted as tabled.

 

  1. Everleigh Household Recycling Centre (EHRC). Although the EHRC was covered at item 7 Cllrs nonetheless wanted to record their disappointment at the closure of the EHRC.

 

  1. A342 and Marlborough Road Speed Limit. Cllr Bottomley reported that the Metro Count has now been conducted and the output is awaited.  Cllrs RESOLVED to take no further action until the output of the Metro Count have been received.                                                     Action: Cllr Bottomley

 

  1. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Tuesday 8 January 2019 at 7.00pm in Collingbourne Ducis School.

 

The meeting closed at 8.35pm

 

Signed:                                                                                     date:

 

Name:                                                                                      Chairman