Everleigh Parish Council – 11th July 2011 Meeting Minutes

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

JULY 2011

Minutes of the Everleigh Parish Council Meeting held at the Crown Hotel

on Monday 11 July 2011.

Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley

Present: Cllr M Goldsmith, Cllr C Haywood, Cllr T McQuaid and Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk), PC M Bayliss and V White, Wiltshire Council Waste Officer.

1. Apologies: Cllr S Matton Cllr A Bradford and Wilts County Cllr C Howard

2. Disclosure of Interest. None declared

3. General Public. No questions asked

4. Wilshire Constabulary. PC Bayliss informed Members that although no crimes had been reported since the last meeting there had been 3 RTC and a tractor stolen from Wallingford had crashed into a tree near Everleigh Ashes. Cllr T McQuaid informed PC Bayliss of a possible break-in at Everleigh House which PC Bayliss agreed to follow up.

Action: PC Bayliss

The Chairman thanked PC Bayliss for attending the meeting.

5. Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on 9 May 2011. Following a minor amendment to Annual Meeting of the Parish Council Minutes both sets of minutes were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

6. Matters Arsing.

6.1 Annual Meeting of Parish Council

6.1.1 item 12.9. Cllr T McQuaid added as bank signatory.

6.1.2 Item 16.3 QE 11 fields Challenge. Item now closed.

6.1.3 Metro Count & Speeding. Item now closed.

7. Correspondence – As received and if necessary held at the clerk’s office.

7.1 None that have not been circulated

8. Planning. Having considered the following the Planning Applications as received from Wiltshire Council.

8.1 No new planning applications received.

9. Property.

9.1 Cllr McQuaid reported that the damage to the BT phone box had been hastened and that the repair is now in hand.

9.2 Cllr Goldsmith reported that

9.2.1 The “BT” pole in the Street has now been identified by Southern Electric as dangerous and due for imminent replacement. The Pole is identifier is JC 420 and the task number is P44704.

9.3 Following a discussion of an inspection regime for the play area and attendant equipment it was RESOLVED that Cllr Goldsmith was to conduct a monthly inspection, record the results of the inspection and take the action necessary to ensure that the area and equipment were in a safe condition.

Action: Cllr Goldsmith

10. Finance.

10.1 The Clerk presented a current liquidity statement and bank reconciliation as follows:

10.1.1 Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 1 Jul 11) £2667.13

10.1.2 Balance at Lloyds BIAA ( statement date 26 May 11 £51.72

10.1.3 Balance at Santander (statement date 1 Jun 11) £1943.21

10.1.4 Combined Balance £4672.06

Members noted the statement and reconciliation.

10.2 Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting.

10.2.1 373 – Mr A Bradford – (Padlock) £15.13

10.2.2 374 – Steele Signs (Playground) £198.00

10.2.3 375 – Mr D Bottomley ( Fuel & Rodent Control) £96.59

10.2.4 376 – Mrs S Matton (Mileage and Parking) £43.10

Members RESOLVED to authorise the payment of the cheques.

10.3 The Clerk informed Members that his NALC spinal column point was now 26 as per his contract. Moreover he presented his Apr-Jul 11 salary invoice for £341.98 which will now be paid ( less NI) by BACS via the agreement set up with Douglas Tonks ltd and that all future salary payments will be made this way. Members RESOLVED to authorise the move to NALC spinal column point 26 and the payment of the invoice for £341.98 by BACS via Douglas Tonks Ltd.

10.4 Note all major receipts since last meeting.

10.4.1 £3100 – Precept

10.4.2 £349.15 – VAT Reclaim

10.4.3 £100 – Play day grant

Members noted the receipts

11. Village Events

11.1 Children’s Party. Cllr McQuaid reported that the flyers subject to amendments agreed were ready to be distributed to residents and that A4 posters were to be posted in the notice boards at least 2 weeks before the party date of 13 August. After some discussion it was RESOLVED that

a. The maximum cost of the event was to be £100.

b. Children were to be defined as up to 18 years old for the provision of the picnic tea.

c. Works parties were required at 10.00am of 6 & 13 August.

11.2 Fire Works. Cllr Goldsmith reported that everything was in hand but that he had yet to order the fireworks. Members confirmed that the cost of the fireworks was not to exceed £350; however the aim was for the event to be self funding. Moreover, it was agreed that Cllr Goldsmith investigate the erection of a rope/ tape safety barrier was required and that he was to submit a special events application to Community First.

Action: Cllrs Goldsmith and McQuaid.

12. Signage.

12.1. Having considered the options for signs to warn of children in the Street it was agreed that Cllr Goldsmith investigate a low cost option.

Action: Cllr Goldsmith

12.2. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to investigate a low cost option for the repair of the West view sign.

Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

13. Bus Service. Cllr Bottomley reported that he had done as much as he could to get the pre 4 April 2011 service reinstated but had met with limited success. He had managed to get a fixed Connect 2 bus service for a trial period however the low take up had made continuation of the service likely to be a non starter. Wilts Council are to undertake a further review of all bus services by October 2011 and the message is clear use it or lose it.

Action: Cllr Bottomley

14. Grit bins. Having considered the locations and grit salt Members RESOLVED that the numbers of bins and their locations were appropriate and that a bag of salt should be bid for before the winter.

Action: Cllr Bottomley

15. Road surfacing. Having considered road dressing or de-lamination Members noted that good progress made been made in the repairs to local roads however some areas were still of concern. Cllr Wheeler- Mallows agreed to make further representation to wilts Councillor Howard.

Action: Cllr Wheeler Mallows.

16. Footpaths. Having considered the Balti / Street link Members to close the item for the time being.

17. Core Strategy and Draft Wiltshire and Swindon Waste Site Allocations Development Plan consultation. Having noted that a public exhibition on the Core Strategy is to be held between 2-8pm on 20 July 2011 in the Memorial Hall Ludgershall and considered the impact on the Village Members RESOLVED to

a. Form a Working Group consisting of Cllrs Bottomley and Hayward lead on the development of comments Core Strategy Consultation and that the comments were at least to include development and improvement of broadband services, public transport and the maintenance of roads.

b. Not make any comment on the Waste Site Allocations Development Plan Consultation at this time.

Action: Cllrs Bottomley and Hayward

18. AOB for information only.

18.1 Wiltshire Waste Officer. Vicki White gave an overview of the reasons for change to the recycling arrangements that take effect from1st week in November11. She then outlined the information dissemination plan and asked that the following in particular be noted:

a. By end September 2011: Residents to sign up for free collection of garden waste with service staring in February 2012.

b. 1st 3 weeks in October 2011 delivery of Blue Lidded Bin for Plastic Bottles and Cardboard with collection starting 1st week November 2011.

c. All residents will receive letters of explanation in the run up to the changes.

d. Further information can be found at www.wiltshire.gov.uk/waste or by ringing 0300 456 0102.

She then answered questions after which the Chairman thanked her for attending.

18.2 Wilts Councillor. Cllr C Howard had sent the following report to the Chairman

Planning Department (Development Control)

A management restructure of the County’s Development Service is in progress, and as a result the former Kennet District Council Planning Department, now Wiltshire Council’s Eastern Area Planning Office, has been changed as follows:

1. The staff relocated from Browfort, Devizes to the new Council offices at Shurnhold, near Melksham, SN12 8DQ on 10th June.

2. Until now it has been possible to call at Browfort, Devizes to look at planning files but this service is not now available at Browfort and the new arrangements are as follows:

a. Members of the public who do not have internet access may call in person at Browfort where the reception staff will be pleased to help them look up details of any planning matters published on the Council’s website. It is recommended that an appointment is made with main reception at Browfort on 01380 724911 before calling there. Members of the public with internet access can, of course, continue to look up details online as before.

b. If there is a requirement to look at hard copy files, then this can be arranged at Shurnhold, but must be by prior appointment.

3. Rob Parker is now the Team Leader A, Development Control Central.

4. There is no switchboard at Shurnhold, and telephone calls should be routed through Browfort, Devizes switchboard on 01380 724911.

The Wiltshire Core Strategy Development Plan.

Wiltshire Council has published the emerging Core Strategy for consultation, and the consultation period runs from 13th June to 8th August. This is an important document that sets out plans for Wiltshire for the next 15 years, and it is strongly recommended that Parish Councils read it and submit any comments before the consultation closes on 8TH August. There will be an opportunity to view the documents in person, talk to Council officers and comment on the proposals at an exhibition which has been arranged for the Tidworth Community Area at the Memorial Hall, Ludgershall on Wednesday 20th July from 2-8pm.The consultation document may be viewed online via the following link:http://consult.wiltshire.gov.uk/portal/spatial_planning/wcs/wcsconsult2011

19. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00pm on Monday 5th September 2011 to be held at the Crown Hotel.

Signed: date:

Name:

Chairman

Leave a Reply