Everleigh Parish Council – 5th September 2011 Meeting Minutes

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

September 2011

 

Minutes of the Everleigh Parish Council Meeting held at the Crown Hotel

on Monday 5 September 2011.

Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley (Vice Chair)

Present: Cllr M Goldsmith, Cllr C Haywood, Cllr T McQuaid, Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows.  Cllr S Matton joined the meeting at 19.15.

 

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk), Wilts County Cllr C Howard and PCSO P Royston.

1.         Apologies: Cllr A Bradford.

 

2.          Disclosure of Interest. None declared

3.         General Public. No questions asked

 

4.         Wilshire Constabulary.    PCSO Royston informed Members that there had been reports of persons, who may or may not be bona fide traders, offering fish for sale.  She reported that there had been 4 incidents of hare coursing 2 of which had been disrupted and fixed penalty notices issued. There had been one impaired driving incident.  She then answered questions from the councillors.

The Chairman thanked PCSO Royston for attending the meeting.

5.       Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 8 August 2011.  The Minutes were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

 

6.       Matters Arsing.

6.1 Item 6.3 E/11/0864/FUL – Planning Application for the Stores.  Since the PC’S comments have been submitted to Wiltshire Council it has been agreed that the two main concerns would be met, namely both proposed houses would be of render construction and the space between these houses and the street would be paved, not landscaped. In addition, the PC are now content for 2 detached houses to be built on the site. However the application will be the subject of another round of consultation.

 

6.2 Item 5.6 Wiltshire Core Strategy 2026. The PC response was submitted on 2nd August 2011 with 3 main comments for the Tidworth Area: Infrastructure requirements should also include the need to improve broadband connectivity, highways and public transport for remote village communities such as Everleigh.

 

7.       Correspondence – As received and if necessary held at the clerk’s office.

7.1    None that have not been circulated.

 

8.       Planning. As received from Wiltshire Council.

8.1       E/2011/1112/FUL. Having considered the Planning Application for Full Planning for Extensions and alterations at Longacres Everleigh Road Everleigh Marlborough SN8 3EY Members RESOLVED to not make any comment.                                                                                  Action: Clerk

9.       Property.

9.1   Cllr Goldsmith reported the following:

9.1.1     The monthly inspection regime for the play equipment was now in place and some minor faults have been noted for repair which he agreed to action.  Members RESOLVED that the completed monthly inspections reports were to be held by the Clerk.

Action: Cllr Goldsmith & Clerk

9.1.2     The “BT” pole remains unrepaired and Wilts Councillor Howard agreed to bring this to the notice of the Wilts County Highways Dept as the pole may pose a danger to the public.

Action:  Cllr Goldsmith & Wilts Cllr C Howard.

9.1.3     He had identified suitable “Children Playing” signs for the Street. After discussion Members RESOLVED that a bid should be made to “DEVS” to meet the cost of the signs.

Action: Cllr Matton.

9.2 Cllr Wheeler- Mallows reported that the “Westview” sign is in hand.

Action:  Cllr Wheeler- Mallows.

9.3   Cllr Matton informed Members that she had reported to Wilts & Dorset Bus Company that their bus Stop sign had been damaged and that it had subsequently disappeared.  After discussion Cllr Matton agreed to follow up on the missing bus stop.                                                    Action:  Cllr Matton

 

 

10.   Finance.

10.1       The Clerk presented a current liquidity statement and bank reconciliation as follows:

10.1.1  Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 1 Aug  11) £2109.23

10.1.2   Balance at Lloyds BIAA ( statement date 19 Aug) 11 £51.72

10.1.3      Balance at Santander (statement date 1 Aug 11) £1943.48

10.1.4      Combined Balance £4104.43

Members noted the statement and reconciliation.

10.2       Members noted the receipt of Annual return from External Auditors with nil comments and posting of conclusion of audit notice on 8 August 2011.

10.3       Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting.

10.3.1      377 Mazars (Audit Fees) – £ 144.00

10.3.2      Mrs S Matton (Reimbursement for Playday & Bus Survey) – £88.26

Members RESOLVED to authorise the payment of the cheques.

10.4       The Clerk presented his Aug- Oct 11 salary invoice for £401.74 which will now be paid (less Tax).   Members RESOLVED to authorise the payment of the invoice for £401.74 (less Tax)  by BACS via Douglas Tonks Ltd.

10.5       Note all major receipts since last meeting.

10.5.1      £100 – Play day grant

Members noted the receipts

10.6       Having considered a request from TCAP for a contribution towards the funding of the TCAP Co-ordinator Post. Members in light of the Council’s current financial condition RESOLVED to not make a contribution and that Cllr Bottomley reply.                     Action:  Cllr Bottomley

 

11.   Village Events.

1.1          Fireworks Event.  Cllrs Goldsmith & McQuaid gave an update  on the event and Members RESOLVED that

Event preparation is to start at 10.00am in the Crown Garden.

Litter Pick is to start at 11.30am.

The format for the Fireworks is to follow that for last year but with the event opening at 6.30pm and fireworks at 7.00pm.

The allocation of up to £350 for fireworks was confirmed and all other aspects of the function are to be self funding.

12.   Broad Band. Mr T Crapper gave Members a detailed verbal brief, as he saw it, on the underlying issues that were causing the unacceptable level of provision of Broadband within the village.  After a question and answer session Members RESOLVED that

They engage with Wiltshire Council via Wilts Cllr Howard in order to ensure that the Village’s needs are recognised and that the Village receives its fair share of those resources that Wiltshire Council has allocated to the improvement of Broad Band delivery.

They should encourage all villagers to be vigorous in raising complaints and issues to their own service providers.

That a survey should be conducted by Mr T Crapper to establish who has or has not got connection to the internet and what download speeds are being delivered in order to provide evidence of the poor provision of broad band and low delivery speeds.                              Action:  Mr T Crapper

13. Youth Initiatives. Cllr Bottomley informed Members that TAB grants of up to  £1K were available in the current financial year. Guidance from the TAB manager on the parameters for bidding for this type of grant is awaited. Having considered this, Members agreed that Cllr Matton should engage with Playdale Ltd with a view to developing a possible bid for another piece of play equipment.  Cllr Matton agreed to report back to the next meeting. Action:  Cllr Matton

14.      Village Events to celebrate either the Olympics or the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee 2012. Cllr Bottomley tabled a set of draft planning notes for discussion. Having discussed the draft planning notes and various options, Members agreed that they should bring forward further options for consideration at the next meeting including a Beacon which Cllr Matton would specifically investigate. In addition, lead councillors on each proposed item of expenditure for the bid for a TAB Grant of up to £1K are to produce written quotations by the next PC meeting on Mon 7 Nov 11.  Action: All Councillors, with Cllr Bottomley having the lead on the bid for the TAB Grant.

15.      Bus Services. Cllr Bottomley reported that the take up for the Connect 2 fixed timings bus trial in June and July had been extremely poor and that this option has therefore been withdrawn. The PC is now pushing Wilts Council for an extra bus running each day each way Monday – Saturday.   Wilts Council are to undertake a further review of all bus services by October 2011. Action: Cllr Bottomley.

16.      AOB.         Exchange of Information.

16.1       After a discussion on the condition of the A342 Wilts Councillor Howard agreed to investigate the status of the further repairs.                                                          Action:  Wilts Cllr C Howard

16.2       Cllr Matton read out a letter of congratulations from Clare Perry MP and informed Members of the existence of The Community Area Plan and its underpinning Thematic Groups, the Plain Action Fund, Community Area Land Trust and the plan for the distribution and recovery of a TCAP survey.

16.3       Cllr Wheeler- Mallows informed Members that consideration should be given to the replacement of the current Clerk when he retires in May 2012 and Members agreed to consider this at the next meeting.

17. Date of future meetings. Confirm the date of the next meeting as Monday 7th November 2011 at 7.00pm in the Crown Hotel.

 

 

Signed:                                                                                      date:

Name:

Chairman

Leave a Reply