Everleigh Parish Council – Meetings Minutes 4th September 2016


Minutes of the Everleigh Parish Council Meeting held at the Collingbourne Ducis School

on Monday 5 September 2016.

Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley

Present: Cllr S Matton, and Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk), Wilts County Cllr C Howard.

  1. Apologies: Cllr J Jones, Cllr K Preece, Cllr T Symonds , Cllr E Hudson and PCSO M Downham

  1. Disclosure of Interest. None declared.

  1. Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 11 July 2016. With two amendments made the minutes were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

  1. Matters Arising.

    1. Item. 10.4 PlayArea. The Clerk informed Cllrs that the Insurance Company had confirmed that only annual inspections were required. However it is best practice to conduct more frequent inspections.

  1. General Public. No questions asked

  1. Wilshire Constabulary. PCSO Downham reported the following by email:

Between the 22/07/2016 and 05/08/2016 – St Peters Church – Unknown suspect has entered an unsecure church and taken a brass cross patty and brass lectern. – Closed undetected, patrols and posters put up at location.

18/07/2016 – 2 veh RTC – No Further action by police.

The Chairman thanked PCSO Downham for her report.

  1. County Councillor. Wilts County Councillor C Howard presented the following report:

A new model for local Community Policing will come into force on 17th October. Among the changes will be: The Tidworth Community Area i.e. Ludgershall, Tidworth and the nine villages will be policed under the control of Inspector Nick Mawson who is based at Devizes Police Station. A new way of working will be introduced which will make the best and most efficient use of police resources. A full explanation of the new arrangements will be made by Inspector Mawson at the next meeting of the Tidworth Area Board which will be held at 7 pm at The Wellington Academy on Monday 19th September. All are welcome to attend. In addition to Inspector Mawson, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Wiltshire Mr Angus Macpherson will also be present.

TCAP is a forum at which issues arising in the Tidworth Community Area can be raised, discussed and action taken to resolve them where possible. It also runs a local website, and sponsors events such as concerts and the Blue Light Day in the Tidworth Area. Following the creation of Area Boards in 2009, some of the work covered by TCAP is duplicated by the Area Board. The Area Board is the executive arm of Wiltshire Council in the Tidworth Community Area. A meeting of TCAP representatives was held on 2nd September to review the two organisations work and to try to eliminate duplication. Arising from this meeting, the following decisions were made: The five thematic groups, namely Economic & Built Environment, the local Policing team, the Local Youth Network, the Community Area Transport Group and Health & Wellbeing would be allocated more time to discuss issues at meetings of the Area Board. There would be a corresponding reduction in reports from outside agencies. The number of TCAP meetings per annum would be reduced from four to two. TCAP, through the Chairman who is normally the Garrison Commander, would continue to exist and be ready to raise local issues independently from the Area Board.

The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Howard for his report.

  1. Correspondence – As received and if necessary held at the clerk’s office.

    1. The Clerk informed Cllrs of an invitation from Claire Perry MP to visit The

Houses of Parliament at Westminster on 12th October 2016. Action: Cllrs wishing to attend

must apply personally via the link on the invitation.

    1. Cllr Bottomley informed Cllrs that he had received a letter from the Link Scheme thanking

the Council for its donation of £100.00

  1. Planning. Planning Applications as received from Wiltshire Council: None received since the last meeting.

  1. Property.

    1. Grass Cutting. Performance update. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the contract was working satisfactorily; however he requested that an extra cut be authorised. Having considered the request the Cllrs RESOLVED to authorise one more cut to a total of 7 cuts at an overall cost of £350.

Action: Cllr Wheller-Mallows

    1. Play Area Development Project. Cllr Wheller-Mallows reported that Phase 1 was now complete; however a fence post requires repairing/replacing which Cllr Wheeler-Mallows is to action. Cllrs confirmed that the BMX Track was now defunct and directed the Clerk to inform the Playground Inspector which he did on 7 Sep 16. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to tape over the BMX sign.

Action: Cllr Wheeler- Mallows and Clerk

    1. Street Scene Minor Works. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that there was no change to the current plan; however he has yet to get the contact details of the new Parish Steward. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to submit the list of priority works to Wilts Council by the end of Sep 16 and to contact Wilts Council regarding Winter Road Salt and a replacement Salt Spreader.

Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows

    1. RoSPA Playground Inspection Sep 16. The Clerk informed Cllrs that the inspection has yet to be


  1. Finance.

    1. The Clerk presented a current liquidity statement and bank reconciliation as follows:

      1. Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 1 Jul 16) £6117.37

      2. Balance at Lloyds BIAA ( statement date 1 Apr 16) £00.00

      3. Balance at Santander (statement date 1 Aug 16) £1,963.25

      4. Combined Balance at 5 Sep 16 £8080.62

      5. Reconciled Balance as at 5 Sep 16 £6293.48

Members noted the statement and reconciliation.

11.2 Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting.

      1. 517 CC and Everleigh Link Scheme donation (11 Jul 16) £100.00

      2. 518 Evershed Products (3 x Picnic benches 13 Jul 16) £1177.20 (VAT £196.20)

      3. 519 P Gill (Clerk’s Salary & Expenses Jul-Sep 16) £294.54.

      4. 20 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE Apr-Jul 14 Sep 16) £73.80.

    1. Note all major receipts since last meeting.

      1. £460.50 TAB Grant

Members noted the receipts

    1. Annual Return. Members noted Annual Return had not yet been returned by the External


    1. Clerk’s Salary and Expenses. Cllrs noted the increase in Clerk’s Salary and expenses with

effect from 1 Apr 16.

11.6 Bank Signatories. Having considered the current bank signatories Cllrs RESOLVED that

Cllrs Jones, Hudson and Wheeler- Mallows be added to the bank signatory list.

Action: Cllrs Jones, Hudson and Wheeler- Mallows and Clerk

    1. Auto Enrolment. In the absence of Cllr Hudson this item was deferred

until the next meeting.

12. Village Events

    1. Summer Party Sat 10 Sep. Cllr Bottomley tabled the latest version of the planning checklist,

site sketch map, management plan and flyer for consideration. After consideration Cllrs

RESOLVED that the planning checklist, site sketch map, management plan and flyer be

accepted with the proviso that item 6 box 4 of the management plan a Cllr is named to

carry the mobile phone. Action: Cllr Bottomley will carry a mobile phone; all other

councillors are advised to do likewise.

    1. Bonfire/Fireworks Night Sat 5 Nov. Cllr Matton reported all was in hand and that the format

was to follow last year’s. Action: Cllr Matton

    1. Carol Service/Curry Lunch Goa Balti Sat 10 Dec. In the absence of Cllr Preece Cllr

Bottomley reported that the Church, Vicar and the Goa Balti Restaurant had been booked. and

that although all matters are in hand a planning meeting was due to be held in the week

beginning 21 Sep 16.

Action: Cllr Preece and planning team.

  1. WWI Commemorative Stone.

13.1 Procurement of Stone from Wilts Concrete. Cllr Matton informed Cllrs that Wilts Concrete

have been asked to provide a suitable stone and that Cllr Wheeler – Mallows was stood by to affix the plaque. After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED that the stone be requested to be with the council at least a month before the Inauguration Ceremony on 12th November 2016 and that it comes with a flat bottom and if possible with a flat area on one face to facilitate the fixing of the plaque. Action: Cllr Matton

13.2 Inauguration Ceremony/Remembrance CeremonySaturday 12th November 2016. Cllr

Bottomley tabled the latest version of the planning notes, draft flyer and draft order of service for consideration. After consideration Cllrs RESOLVED that the post event refreshments location was to be the Goa Balti and that Cllr Bottomley was to book a table for Cllrs and official guests and that a sum up to £100.00 be allocated to cover the both printing of the order of service and refreshments for the official guests. It was also RESOLVED that amendments be made to the flyer and order of service. Action: Cllr Bottomley

  1. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00pm on Tuesday 1 November 2015 to be held in Collingbourne School.

Signed: date: