Everleigh Parish Council – Minutes 3rd September 2019

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held
at Collingbourne Ducis School on 3 September 2019

Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley

Present: Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr A Earle, Cllr J Jones and Cllr E Hudson.
In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk); Wilts Cllr I Blair-Pilling

1. Apologies.

2. Disclosure of Interest. None declared.

3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting. The minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 8 July 2019 were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

4. Matters Arising.
4.1 Item. None that do not appear on the agenda.

5. Co-Option. No applications received.

6. General Public. No questions asked.

7. Wilts Constabulary. There were only two reported relevant serials:
7.1. VEHICLE OFFENCES.
7.1.1. 24.08.2019 – A342 EVERLEIGH – Unknown suspects have smashed the driver’s side window of the IP’s vehicle. They have then gone on to steal his wallet from the driver’s side door.
7.1.2. 27.08.2019 – EVERLEIGH – Unknown suspect has removed and made off with the magnetic emergency lights TVO £500 off the IP’s car whilst it has been parked in a public place.

8. County Councillor. Wilts Cllr Blair-Piling reported that in general activity had been fairly quiet across the area. However, he has been out to look at the flooding issues in Lower Everleigh. He also reported that some signage in the village was to be replaced and Cllrs agreed that Cllr Wheeler- Mallows should follow this up with a view to reporting all of the signs that need replacing.
Action: Cllr Wheeler- Mallows.

There then followed a discussion of the speed limits for the A342 and Marlborough Road and the previously circulated letter from Wilts Cllr M Connolly which outlined the key findings of the Wilts Council & Atkins report and subsequent meetings on the speed limits. The situation now is that Wilts Council has decided to retain the 50 MPH speed limit on the A342 and has proposed that the southern section of Marlborough Road, from its junction with the A342 to a point north of Coombe Cottages be reduced to 40 MPH and that there should be a small extension of the 50 MPH speed limit to incorporate the KK Tank Crossing. The letter also indicated that the changes would cost in circa £5K and that the Parish Council would be expected to pay 25% of the cost. The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Blair-Pilling for his input and noted that the Cllrs will discuss the way ahead at agenda item 14.

9. Planning. To consider applications as received from Wilts Council.
9.1. None received.

10. Property.
10.1. Grass Cutting. Contract. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the contract continues to run well and he will continue to liaise with the contractor regarding future cut dates.
Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
10.2. Play Area. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that in general the play area is in good order and that the annual safety inspection was due this month. Moreover he intended to
lay some Impact Absorbing Surfacing around the Climbing Bars, together with Cllr Earle.
Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows & Cllr Earle.

10.3. Streetscene Minor Works. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the Parish Steward continues his good work. Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

10.4. Defibrillator. Cllr Hudson reported that operational capability of the Defibrillator remains suspect. After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED to continue monitoring and to report back at the next meeting.
Action: Cllrs Hudson & Earle.

10.5. ISO Container. Cllr Hudson reported that the ISO container had been damaged possibly as a result of an attempted break in. After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllr Wheeler-Mallows was to report the damage to the police as a possible attempted break in and to purchase another padlock at a cost not to exceed £20.00. Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows

11. Finance.
11.1. The Clerk presented a bank reconciliation and current liquidity statement as follows:
11.1.1. Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement 1 Aug 19) £6690.57
11.1.2. Reconciled Balance as at 2 Sep 19 £5649.85
Members noted the statements but had no comment at this time.

11.2. Authorise cheques for payment and those issued since last meeting
11.2.1. 652 Ab-Fab Loos ( Summer Party 10 Jul 19) £108.00 (VAT £18.00)
11.2.2. 653 Community 1st (Insurance 15 Jul 19) £294.22
11.2.3. 654 Wilts Council (Speeding Review 15 Jul 19) £625.00
11.2.4. 655 J Jones (Summer Party Prizes 13 Jul 19) £24.03 (VAT £4.01)
11.2.5. 656 (The Courier – Flyer Printing 29 Jul 19) £2.27
11.2.6. 657 P Gill (Clerk’s Salary & Expenses Jul-Sep 19) £311.62
11.2.7. 658 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE Jul-Sep 19) £ 77.80
11.2.8. 659 K Wheeler-Mallows Coconuts 11 Jul 19) £14.00
11.2.9. 660 A Earle ( Defibrillator Cover 8 May 18) £74.64
Cllrs RESOLVED to authorise the cheques.

11.3. Note payments received.
11.3.1. £Nil.

11.4. Financial Regulations. Having considered a previously circulated draft of the Financial Regulation Cllrs RESOLVED to adopt the regulations as drafted. Action Clerk

11.5. Internet Banking. Having considered moving to internet banking Cllrs RESOLVED not to move to internet banking but to authorise payment by BACA or CHAPS IAW with Sect 6.9 of the latest Council Financial Regulations. Action: Clerk

12. Correspondence. None that had not been circulated.

13. Village Events.
13.1. Summer Party Sat 13 Jul 19. Cllr Bottomley reported that for various reasons the turnout had been disappointing but it had been enjoyed by those who attended. Cllrs then discussed the viability of hold a summer party in 2020 and decided to defer a decision until next year.
Action: Cllr Bottomley

13.2. Harvest Festival Sat 5 Oct 19. Cllr Bottomley reported that although this was not a Council led event all was in hand. Cllrs then considered three options for a flyer presented by Cllr Hudson and chose option 2. Cllr Hudson agreed to get the flyer printed and distribute. Action Cllr Hudson.

13.3. Carol Service Sat 7 Dec 19. Cllr Bottomley reported that most of the planning had been completed less some minor detail and a budget of £120.00 was confirmed.
Action: Cllrs Bottomley & Hudson

13.4. Bonfire Night. Cllr Hudson confirmed that the notification of cancellation of the Bonfire Night had been completed as previously agreed. Item closed.

14. A342 & Marlborough Road Speed Limits. Cllr Bottomley summarised the situation to date and the salient points arising from the discussion with Wilts Cllr Blair- Pilling at item 8. Cllrs reluctantly accepted the Wilts Council’s decision to retain the 50 MPH speed limit on the A342 and supported the proposal to reduce the southern section of Marlborough Road speed limit to 40 MPH and the extension of the 50 MPH speed limit to the KK tank crossing; however the funding is an issue as the Council’s 25% (£1250.00) share of the implementation cost equates to just over 33% of the Precept. After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED to accept Wilts Council’s decision to retain the 50 MPH speed limit on the A342 and to support the proposal to reduce the southern section of Marlborough Road speed limit to 40 MPH and the extension of the 50 MPH speed limit and to fund up to £800.00 (from in year budget savings) with the balance being sought from elsewhere and that the Chairman was to inform the residents of Marlborough Road of the Wilts Council’s decision and of the Parish Council’s need to find further funding. Action: Cllr Bottomley.

15. Rights of Way. Cllr Bottomley reported that the situation has not changed and that he would continue to attend future meetings; however there is no further action at this time. He also issued a leaflet showing four circular cycling routes in the Vale of Pewsey. Action: Cllr Bottomley.

16. Emergency Plan. Having considered the previously circulated revised draft of the Everleigh Village Emergency Plan (EVEP) Cllrs RESOLVED to endorse the EVEP with some minor amendments and directed Cllr Wheeler-Mallows to circulate a final version to the other Cllrs for comment prior to printing and distribution of Annex A to the EVEP to the villagers and posting on the village website. Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

17. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as Tuesday 29 October 2019 starting at 7.00pm in Collingbourne Ducis School.

The meeting closed at 8.30pm

Signed: Date:

Name: Chairman