Meeting Minutes 7th September 2021 – EPC

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

 Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held

at Collingbourne Ducis Village Hall on Tuesday 7 September 2021

Chairman:     Cllr D Bottomley

Present:           Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr P Evans, Cllr A Earle, Cllr H Waight and Cllr T Martin.

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk) and Wilts Cllr C Williams.

  1. Chairman’s Announcement.  The Chairman outlined the priorities for the meeting: the maintenance of momentum of the Everleigh Enhancement 2 Year Plan; fine tune the village events; and review the Village Emergency Plan.

2.         Apologies:       None

3.         Disclosure of Interest.  None declared.

4.         Co-option.  No applications received.

5.         Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 6 July 2021. 

5.1       Having considered the minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 6 July 2021 Cllrs RESOLVED that the minutes were a true record, and that the Chairman was to sign the minutes. The Chairman then signed the minutes.

5.2       Matters Arising.  None that do not appear on the agenda for this meeting.

6.         General Public.  No questions asked

7.         Wiltshire Cllr Report.  Wilts Cllr C Williams reported that August has been a quiet month as far as reports from Wiltshire Council are concerned but one important announcement is with regard to the Climate Change engagement events the first being the opening event on Thursday 9th September at 6pm.  The Tidworth Community Area Health and Wellbeing meeting will take place online on Thursday 30th September. The next Tidworth Area Board (TAB) meeting is a virtual meeting on Monday 13th Sep; the agenda is out with instructions to access the online meeting. There is still funding for TAB grants so if you know of any community groups that need help with capital funding then please contact Richard Rogers or Wilts Cllr Williams. 

The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Williams for his report

8.         Police Report. As no police report has been received since early April Cllrs expressed their dissatisfaction with this situation.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows informed Cllrs of a number of Hare Coursing incidents that he was aware of and which the police had attended.

9.         Correspondence.  None that has not been previously circulated.

10.       Planning. 

10.1     PL/2021/07783.  Consent under Tree Preservation Orders.  T1 & T2 Fell T13 & T14 – Fell T3 – T12 – Crown raise by approx 6m T15 – Clear overhang from building to leave approx 4m gap at the Coach House, Everleigh Manor SN8 3EY.

Having previously considered this application Cllrs RESOLVED to support the application and to make no comment.

10.2     PL/2021/07706.  Full planning permission. The proposed works include the reinstatement of the original vehicle access to Quickset House, this would include reinstating the crossover to the highway, erection of new entrance gates and related landscaping. This application is in connection with the previously approved application for the replacement of Quickset House which is currently under construction. (Ref; 19/11875/FUL) at The Quickset House Everleigh SN8 3EU. Having considered this application Cllrs RESOLVED that the Planning Sub Committee was to seek clarity on “reinstating the crossover to the highway” aspect of this application.  Action:  Planning Sub Committee

Afternote: After further consideration, the Planning Sub Committee resolved to support this planning application and Cllr Bottomley will respond accordingly by Thu 16 Sep 21.                                                                           Action: Cllr Bottomley.

11.       Property. 

11.1      Grass Cutting Contract.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that J Bowen is up to date with the grass cutting contract and that he will continue to monitor the cutting.

                                                                                     Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

11.2    Play Area.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the play area is in good order and that there were no areas of concern at this time. He noted that the annual ROSPA Inspection is due in September.                             Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows & Clerk.

11.3   Streetscene Minor WorksCllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the Wilts Council Road Sweeper and the Gully emptier had been in action in the village over the past few days.  In addition, a large pothole has been repaired at the Crown bus shelter lay by. After discussion it was agreed that the Parish Steward was to be tasked by Cllr Wheeler-Mallows to clear the edges of the old Forge-Balti Restaurant Footpath.  The Clerk informed Cllrs that larger villages have visits from the Wilts Council “Sparkle Team” which can carry out tasks that are too large for the Parish Steward to carry out.  Finally, the removal of the Everleigh HRC signs from Everleigh Centre remains as a task for completion by Wilts Council in this FY.  Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows & Clerk

The Chairman then thanked the occupants of No 3 Pigleaze for their neighbourly act of removing the vegetation overhanging RoW 13.

11.4 Lower Everleigh Bus Shelter.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that this item is ongoing.                                                     Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows

12.       Finance.

12.1    The Clerk presented a bank reconciliation and current liquidity statement as follows:

12.1.1   Balance at Lloyds CA (statement date 30 Jul 21) £5761.52

12.1.5   Reconciled Balance as 4 Sep 21 £5340.46

Members noted the statements but had no comment at this time.

12.2     Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting or presented for payment.

12.2.1 708 P Gill (Print Cartridges 8 Jul 21) £26.61 (VAT £4.44)

            12.2.2 709 P Gill (Clerk’s Sal & Exps 18 Aug 21) £320.06

            12.2.3 710 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE 18 Aug 21) £80.00

12.2.4 711 P Gill (Zoom 5 Jun 21) £14.39 (VAT £2.40)

12.3      Note payments Received

12.3.1  £100.00 & £20.00 donations from villagers to help with the purchase of flower planters.

                        Members noted receipt of the payments.

12.4.     Future Projects.   Cllr Bottomley briefed Cllrs on his latest draft of the Everleigh Enhancement 2 Year plan after which lead Cllrs gave the following updates:

12.4.1  Additional Bench.  Cllr Bottomley reported that the original location selected, 300m SW of the playground, was not agreed by the MoD/DIO and after discussion Cllrs RESOLVED that the bench was now to be located outside of the playground and that Cllr Wheeler-Mallows was to order and install the bench, with a budget of circa 314 + VAT.  

Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows, supported by Cllrs Earle & Waight.

Afternote:  The intent was to purchase a bench from Evershed Products, but this company do not appear to be operating at present.  The Property Sub Committee will investigate an alternative source.

12.4.2  Floral Garden. Cllr Evans reported that Cllrs had constructed a garden patch in front of the bench on the embankment at Everleigh Centre and Cllr Waight supplied the soil.  Cllr Evans plans to plant up the floral garden patch in late September.                                                                      Action: Cllrs Evans.

12.4.3   Xmas Tree. Cllr Earle reported that he remains ready to organise a Xmas Tree and decoration in December, to be located in Everleigh Centre in the vicinity of the bus shelter.  Cllr Waight has previously indicated that he may be able to assist the tree sourcing.          Action: Cllrs Earle & Waight

12.4.4  Village Delivery Map. Cllr Martin briefed Cllrs on a 2nd draft of the delivery map which he had circulated by email.  After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED that Cllr Martin was to continue with the development of the delivery map, but in phases with the 1st phase to be the development of The Street & West View.                                                        Action:  Cllr Martin

12..4.5 Repair of RoW Signs. Cllr Earle reported that he had passed the details of the repairs and photos on to Mr Nigel Linge.  However, the repairs remain outstanding.  Cllr Earle agreed to contact Mr Nigel Linge again to try and expedite the repairs.                                                                  Action:  Cllr Earle.

Afternote:  Mr Nigel Linge is planning to conduct RoW signs repairs on Sat 25 Sep.

12.4.6  Caution Horse Warning Signs.  Cllr Bottomley reported that he had raised this issue to the CATG on Mon 6 Sep and submitted a Highways Improvement Form and that the signs are now high on CATG’ s priority list for this FY.  The costs are expected to be in the region of £1.5K and a villager has very generously offered to meet the 25% of the costs.  Action: Cllr Bottomley

12.4.7.  Flower Planters and FY 22/23 and beyond.

12.4.7.1 Playground Maintenance.   Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to provide a rough order of costs for the playground maintenance for inclusion in the budget FY 2022/2023.  Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

12.4.7.2 Flower Planters.  Cllr Earle reported that he needed some direction from Cllrs on possible locations in order that he could provide a rough order of costs for the project.  After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED that the provisional locations and funding for the planters were to be as follows:

1.  Lower Everleigh.

2.  Junction Marlborough Rd / A342.

3.  Junction The Street/West View.

4.  The Street – vicinity Blake House

5.  Playground – end of the Street. 

and subsequently that the £950.00 was to be in the Flower Planters Project (Everleigh Enhancement) line in the FY 2022/2023 Budget. Action:  Cllr Earle & Clerk

                                    12.4.7.3 Village Centre Sign.  No further action at this time.

                                    12.4.7.4 Village Entrance Signs.  No further action at this time

13.       Village Events.

13.1 Harvest Festival Service Saturday 9th October.  Cllr Bottomley reminded Cllrs that this is not a Parish Council led event and then reported that it was probable that this event would go ahead but will be subject to change or cancellation at short notice if COVID cases spike. Rev Jo Reid is currently on sick leave and Rev Michael McHugh is ready to stand in. Cllr Bottomley is liaising on the order of service, lesson readers, organist and risk assessment.  The Ladies of Everleigh have volunteered to clean and decorate the church. Cllr Bottomley agreed to co-ordinate a village works party to tidy up the church grounds in early October.  Action:  Cllr Bottomley,

13.2.  Village Litter Saturday 23rd October.  Cllr Evans reported that this is in hand with a start time of 11.00am with no social distancing. Cllr Bottomley reported that he had previously circulated draft documents to support the litter pick. Cllrs RESOLVED to adopt the documents as circulated.           Action:  Cllr Evans.

13.3.  Carol Service Saturday 11th December.  Cllr Bottomley reported that at present this event is to go ahead with a start time of 5pm with other details to follow in due course.                                                                                                          Action Cllr Bottomley

14.       Right of Way (RoW) 6.  Cllr Earle reported that he has attempted to make further contact with the RoW Officer at Wilts Council but to no avail.  Wilts Cllr Williams agreed to chase this up with the RoW Officer.            Action:  Cllr Earle & Wilts Cllr Williams

15.       Village Emergency Plan.  Cllr Bottomley briefed Cllrs on the draft Everleigh Village Emergency Plan that he had circulated by email.  After discussion Cllrs RESOLVED to adopt the Everleigh Village Emergency Plan with one minor amendment and that Cllr Bottomley was to have 100 copies of the plan printed by the Courier ready for distribution in the village in the Autumn.   Action:  Cllr Bottomley

16.       Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00 pm on Tuesday 26 October 2021 at Collingbourne Ducis Village Hall.

Meeting closed at 8.45pm

Signed:                                                                                     date:

Name:

Chairman