EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Everleigh Parish Council Meeting held at the Crown Hotel
on Monday 23 June 2014
Chairman: Cllr S Matton
Present: CllrD Bottomley, Cllr M Goldsmith, Cllr T Symonds.
In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk), Wilts County Cllr C Howard.
- Apologies: Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows and Cllr Jones.
- Disclosure of Interest. None declared.
- Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on 12 May 2014. Both sets of minutes were signed by the Chairman as a true record.
- Matters Arising.
4.1 Item 7.1 Matter dealt with directly between PCSO Downham and the individual NHW coordinators. Item Closed.
4.2 Item 7.3 Neighbourhood Tasking Group – Next meeting Wed 25 Jun at the Tidworth Community Centre. Apologies submitted for non-attendance.
4.3 Item 10.5 Schedule of minor works – Streetscene & Highways ongoing
4.4 Item 10.8 NWW. 6 x NHW signs have been ordered by the Clerk at a cost of £51 and are to be delivered to Tidworth Police Station for PCSO Downham to transfer them to Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
4.5 Item 12.2. Wilt Council Orders confirming Everleigh Parish Council Paths 6 and 16 as Restricted
- General Public. No questions asked
- Wilshire Constabulary.
No report offered.
- County Councillor. Wilts County Councillor C Howard presented the following report: Cllr C Howard reported on the HGV traffic to and from Solstice Park Amesbury and the plans to monitor it. A WWI event on Wednesday 9th July at the Tidworth Garrison Theatre when there will be a series of lectures by military historians entitled ‘World War 1-The Opening Shots’. The first of five lectures will start at 9.30 am, and they will continue throughout the day until 4.30 pm. A second WW1 event Wednesday 30th July at 10 am when there will be a WW1 Commemoration Event at Tidworth Military Cemetery, organised by Wiltshire Council and the Army to mark and commemorate the sacrifice made by 10,000 soldiers from Wiltshire during the First World War. Each fallen soldier will be represented by a named cross to be produced by Wiltshire schoolchildren and placed on a wall of remembrance which will be the focus of this special event. Further information about disabled parking, other facilities and wet weather plans etc is available at www.heritageinwiltshire.wordpress.com He informed Members that the Social Care 2014 which comes into force in April 2015. The rules are complex, but a very brief summary is as follows: The threshold at which a person qualifies for Council care will increase from assets of £25,000 to assets of £118,000. This means that many more adults will qualify for social care than now. Unpaid carers will receive more support than at present, with provision for cover by Council carers to provide respite cover. The additional cost to Wilshire Council is estimated to be in the region of £35 million which will have to be found from Council Taxpayers which is going to be a big challenge. He also informed Members of the issues surrounding the delivery of a small number contracted services delivered by Balfour Beatty and Wilts Council’s determination to get the issues resolved.
The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Howard for his report.
- Correspondence – As received and if necessary held at the clerk’s office.
8.1 Members noted the receipt of a letter of resignation from Cllr T McQuaid and the receipt of a Vacancy Notice from Wiltshire Council. This creates a vacancy on the Council and anyone interested in filling it should contact the Clerk in the first instance.
- Planning. Planning Applications as received from Wiltshire Council.
9.1 None received.
10.1 Grass Cutting. Performance update. Cllr Goldsmith reported that contract continues to work well and is supported by self-help provided by the Cllrs. Action: Cllr Goldsmith
10.2 Tree Watering. Cllr Goldsmith reported that there has been no need to water to date, but preparations are in hand if the need arises. Action: Cllr Goldsmith
10.3 New Slide. Cllr Goldsmith reported that he would produce a draft proposal at the next meeting.
Action: Cllr Goldsmith
10.4 Street Scene Minor Works. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported by email that Schedule of minor
works Streetscene remains ongoing.
10.5 Marquee. Cllr Goldsmith report that the hire had worked well and that no post hire lessons were
learnt and that no amendments were required to the Hire Agreement.
11.1 The Clerk presented a current liquidity statement and bank reconciliation as follows:
11.1.1 Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 6 Jun 14 ) £3667.88
11.1.2 Balance at Lloyds BIAA ( statement date 28 May 14) £51.72
11.1.3 Balance at Santander (statement date 5Jun 14) £1,946.30
11.1.4 Current Balance reflecting items 11.2 & 11.3 Combined Balance £8,059.98
Members noted the statement and reconciliation.
11.2 Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting.
11.2.1 451 M Goldsmith (Repair Material Reimbursement) £27.47
11.2.2 452 M Goldsmith (Repair Material Reimbursement) £12.99
11.2.3 453 D Bottomley (Fuel reimbursement) £30.50
11.2.4 454 M Goldsmith (Tree Stake Reimbursement) 85.20
11.2.5 455 W&SNHWA (NHW Signs) £51.00
11.2.6 456 S Matton (Summer Party expenses reimbursement) £47.63
11.2.7 457 K Wheeler-Mallows (Summer Party expenses reimbursement) £11.00
11.2.8 458 AB FAB Loos (Summer Party) £90.00
11.2.9 459 CD & E Link Scheme (Donation) £36.00 (see item 11.6)
Members RESOLVED to authorise the payment of the cheques.
11.3 Note all major receipts since last meeting.
11.3.1 Marquee hire D Bottomley £50.00
11.3.2 VAT Refund FY 13-14 – £584.05
Members noted the receipts
11.4 The Clerk presented his Apr-Jun 14 salary invoice for £353.25 which will now be paid (less NI) by BACS via the agreement set up with Douglas Tonks ltd.
.Members RESOLVED to authorise the payment of the invoice for £353.25 by BACS via Douglas Tonks Ltd.
11.5 Financial Regulations. Members confirmed the adoption date as 12 May 2014.
11.6 Link Scheme. Having considered a request to make a grant to the CD & E Link
Scheme the Members RESOLVED to make a grant 0f £36.00. Action: Clerk
- Wilts Council highways. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported by email two miles of resurfacing on A342 from The Crown towards Upavon to be undertaken overnight on 16-17 July and 17-18 July. Cllr Bottomley reported on the negotiations that had moved the resurfacing up Wilts County’s priority list.
- Village Events
13.1 Summer Event. Cllr Bottomley reported that this event went extremely well and he had received a number of positive comments. Moreover, the event was delivered under budget by £116.37.
13.2 WW1 Commemorations. Cllr Matton reported that the design for the mugs had been chosen and that a number of mugs to the value of £991.00 would be purchased for collection by villagers on Sat 9 Aug 14 and any spares would then be available for purchase. Cllr Matton also reported that the design for the Stone Memorial and associated plaque had been chosen after consultation within the village. She further briefed Members on proposed grants option to fund the stone and the development of for a kitchen & latrines at St Peters which Cllr Symonds agreed to start the work to develop the grant bid. Cllr Bottomley briefed Members on the Planning Check list for the Church Service on Sat 9 Aug in St Peter’s Church and requested that a further £50.00 be allocated to this event which Members RESOLVED to allocate.
Action: Cllrs Matton, Bottomley and Symonds
13.3 Fireworks. Cllr Goldsmith confirmed that the fireworks had been paid for. Cllr Bottomley will seek permission from Mr Bruce Waight (Farmer) and MoD DIO to use the field. Cllr Matton agreed to produce a planning check list in due course. Action: Cllrs Goldsmith & Bottomley
- Telephone & Broadband.
14.1.1Open Reach. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported by email that Open Reach that the course from Collingbourne Ducis (CD) to the Marlborough Road cabinet has been walked and surveyed on Thu 12 Jun. A Conduit is to be dug in from 21 Jul to 22 Aug (5 weeks) with road closures. It is not known if ducting checks at CD proved to be OK, but assumed so. There is still no programme or work schedule from BT / OpenReach . An OpenReach rep on survey said that work would be completed in 264 days (from 21 Jul) which takes it to 2 Jan 15. Claire Perry, GWB and BT / OpenReach are looking at the possibility of laying fibre simultaneously in preparation for eventual delivery of superfast BB. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows has also pressured BT / OpenReach over state of copper overheads in Everleigh and whether they will be up to doing the job in future.
14.1.2 Superfast BB. The PC has been invited to attend the launch of superfast BB with Claire Perry on Friday, 27 Jun at 9.30 a.m. at Broad Hinton near Swindon; however Members declined the invitation.
- Neighbourhood Planning. Members agreed that there was no requirement for a plan at this time.
- Vermin. Having considered scale of problem and possible control measures Members agreed that Cllr Matton was to raise the matter to Wilts Council Pest Control. Action: Cllr Matton
- Army Rebasing. Cllr Bottomley briefed Members on the latest plan following which Members concluded that there was no indentified direct impact on Everleigh.
- Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00pm on Monday 8th September 2014 to be held in Collingbourne School.