EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
Annual Parish Council Meeting
I hereby give you notice that the Annual Parish Council Meeting of the above named Parish Council will be held in Collingbourne School on Monday 14th May 2018 after the Annual Parish Meeting.
All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business to be transacted at the meeting as set out hereunder.
The public and press are invited to attend.
Dated this 4th day of May 2018.
Signed: Philip Gill
- Election of Officers:
- Election of Chairman and signing of Declarations of Acceptance of Office.
- Election of Vice-Chairman.
- Record any Apologies for absence
- Declaration of Interest in Items on the Agenda and Granting of Dispensations To receive any Declarations of Interest on any agenda item to be discussed and to consider dispensation requests.
- Co-option. Consider applications received.
- Allocation of Appointments.
5.1 Planning Committee
5.2 Property Committee
5.3 Representative to Tidworth Area Board.
5.4 Representative to Tidworth Community Area Partnership.
5.5 Representative to The Courier magazine.
5.6 Grass cutting of Playground.
5.7 NHW Representative
5.8 Highways & Streetscene Representative
5.9 Data Protection Officer.
5.10 Data Controller.
- Minutes of Previous Meetings. To confirm and sign the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 12 March 2018.
- Matters Arising.
- 8. General Public. Questions
9.1 As received by Clerk.
- Planning: To consider the Planning Applications as received from Wiltshire County.
- Property. To receive a report and consider any necessary action
11.1 Grass Cutting. To receive update Lead: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
11.2 Play Area. To receive update Lead: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
11.3 Street Scene Minor Works. To receive update Lead: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
11.4 Replacement Bench. To receive costs to replace bench opposite the
War Memorial Stone; Lead Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
11.5 Village Gates & Speed indicator Devices. To receive update Lead: Cllr Symonds.
12.1 To receive Current Liquidity statement and bank reconciliation.
12.2 To receive Internal Auditor’s Report and review effectiveness of internal audit.
12.3 To approve of the Annual Governance Statement for year ended 31st March 2018.
12.4 To approve of Accounts to 31st March 2018.
12.5 To approve the certification of exemption from a Limited Assurance Review for FY 17/18.
12.6 To review risk assessment and insurance levels.
12.6 To appoint Internal Auditor.
12.8 To authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting.
12.8.1 610 WALC (Annual Subs) £88.63 (VAT £14.27)
12.8.2 611 WALC (GDPR Briefing) £42.00 (VAT £7.00)
12.8.3 612 The Courier (Flyer Printing) £25.90.
12.8.4 613 D Bottomley (Lawnmower fuel) £21.50 (VAT) £3.58
11.7.1 TBC P Gill (Clerk’s Salary & Expenses 8 May 18) £297.65
11.7.10 TBC HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE 8 May 18) £74.40
12.9. To note payments received
12.9.1 Precept £3602.88
12.9.2 VAT Reclaim £ 283.05
12.10 To confirm list of signatories on accounts.
12.11 To consider adopting revised and updated Standing Orders.
12.12 To review appropriateness of Financial Regulations.
12.13 Section 137 Allowance – 2018 – 2019 – To note that the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) has confirmed that the appropriate sum for parish councils for the purposes of section 137(4)(a) of the Local Government Act 1972 (“the 1972 Act”) for 2018-2019 is £7.86. This is the amount that results from increasing the amount of 2017-18 (£7.57) by the percentage increase in the retail index between September 2016 and September 2017, in accordance with Schedule 12B to the 1972 Act.
- Village Events.
13.1 Village Litter Pick and Playground Work Parties Sat 14 Apr 18. To receive post event
reports. Lead: Cllrs Bottomley and Wheeler-Mallows.
13.2 Midsummer Tea Party Sat 23 Jun 18. To receive update. Lead Co-ordinators: Mr & Mrs Robert East
13.3 Summer Party Sat 14 Jul 18. To receive update Lead: Cllr Bottomley.
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). To receive update. Lead Cllr Bottomley.
- Marlborough Road Speed Limit. To receive an update on a request from Marlborough Road residents to have the speed limit reviewed. Lead: Cllr Bottomley.
- 16. Date of Future Meetings. Confirm the date of next meeting as Mon 9 Jul 18.
Note: Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Crime & Disorder, Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Freedom of Information, Health & Safety and Human Rights.