Everleigh Parish Council – Minutes from 3rd September

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
SEPTEMBER 2012
Minutes of the Everleigh Parish Council Meeting held at the Goa Balti
on Monday 3 September 2012.
Chairman: Cllr S Matton,

Present: Cllr A Bradford Cllr M Goldsmith, Cllr C Haywood, Cllr D Bottomley, Cllr T McQuaid.
In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk) and PC M Bayliss.

1. Apologies: Cllr K Wheeler- Mallows and Wilts County Cllr C Howard

2. Disclosure of Interest. It was confirmed that all Members had reregistered their Disclosable Interests with Wiltshire Council and no interests were declared by those Members attending this meeting.

3. Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting of the Parish Council held on 13 August 2012. The minutes were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

4. Matters Arising.
4.1 Item 5. The dog bin and sign are now in place however a small number of dogs are still being allowed to foul in and around the area.

5. General Public. No questions asked

6. Wilshire Constabulary. PC Bayliss informed Members about the crimes that had been reported since the last meeting the most significant of which were a number of Off Road Bikes were using Everleigh Ashes and it may be that the users are known to local people as result PC Bayliss asked local residents to provide statements to the police in order that prosecutions can take place. There were three incidents of Hare Coursing and two thefts of diesel at the same farm.
The Chairman thanked PCSO Bayliss for attending the meeting.

7. County Councillor. In the absence of Wilts County Councillor C Howard no report was offered.

8. Correspondence – As received and if necessary held at the clerk’s office.
8.1 None

9. Planning. Planning Applications as received from Wiltshire Council.
9.1 No new planning applications received.

10. Property.

10.1 Grass Cutting. Performance update. Cllr Goldsmith reported that the last is due to take place in the 3rd week in October. Members agreed that Cllr Goldsmith should get two quotes for next schedule and present them at the next meeting. Members agreed that Cllr Goldsmith continue to monitor the situation.
Action: Cllr Goldsmith
10.2 New Marquee. Having considered the storage options Members agreed that the Marquee be moved from Little Orchard to Lower House Farm after 15 September.
Action: Cllrs Haywood & McQuaid.
10.3 BMX Track. Cllr Goldsmith reported due to the weather conditions he has yet to apply weed killer to the track. Moreover, due to a mix up the track still required tamping. Cllr Matton agreed to make the arrangements required for the loan of the tamper and Cllr Goldsmith confirmed that both tasks would be completed before the Community Games Day on 22 September.
Action: Cllr Goldsmith.
10.4 Bus Shelter. Cllr Goldsmith reported that the repairs to Bus Shelter roof would cost in the region of £450+VAT which Members felt was too large an expenditure at this time. Members agreed to delay the repair until the next financial year in the meantime Cllr Goldsmith agreed to follow up alternative funding via the local bus company.
Action: Cllr Goldsmith.

11. Finance.
11.1 The Clerk presented a current liquidity statement and bank reconciliation as follows:
11.1.1 Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 1 Aug 12) £1835.27
11.1.2 Balance at Lloyds BIAA ( statement date 28 May 12) £51.72
11.1.3 Balance at Santander (statement date 6 Aug 12) £1,945.07
11.1.4 Combined Balance £4,060.56
Members noted the statement and reconciliation.
11.2 Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting.
11.2.1 401 – Cllr Wheeler-Mallows (Coconut Shy) £27.50.
11.2.2 402 – Cllr Goldsmith (Repairs & 1st Aid Kit) £30.91
11.2.3 403 – Mazars (Audit Fees) £144.00
Members RESOLVED to authorise the payment of the cheques.
11.3 Note all major receipts since last meeting.
11.3.1 £400.00 – Community Games Grant
Members noted the receipts
11.4 Annual Return. Members Noted Members noted the receipt of Annual Return from External Auditors with nil comments and posting of conclusion of audit notice on 7 August 2012.
11.5 The Clerk presented his Apr-Jun 12 salary invoice for £401.75 which will now be paid (less NI) by BACS via the agreement set up with Douglas Tonks ltd.
Members RESOLVED to authorise the payment of the invoice for £401.75 by BACS via Douglas Tonks Ltd.

12. Village Events
12.1 Community Games. Cllr McQuaid confirmed the date for the event as Sat 22 Sep 12 starting at 2.00pm and then briefed Members on the outline plan and check list items after which activities and games were identified, tasks allocated, timelines agreed and outline costs identified. Moreover, it was agreed that a works party, under the direction of Cllr Bottomley, would take place on Sat 8 Sep with another provisionally scheduled for the morning of the event. Cllr Matton agreed to investigate the availability of a piece of equipment to remove cut grass.
Action: Cllr McQuaid and Cllr Matton
12.2 Woodland Trust Jubilee Trees. Cllr Hayward reported that PC‘s application for a free Woodland Trust tree pack had been successful and that delivery would take place in November. Cllr Goldsmith agreed that the pack could be delivered and stored at his address until planting begins. Cllr Haywood agreed to pass on Cllr Goldsmith’s address to the Woodland trust. Cllr Goldsmith agreed to source Rabbit Protection sleeves with Cllr Matton agreeing to provide compost. Cllr Bottomley agreed to speak to HQ SPTA regarding the need for a pre planting safety brief.
Action: Cllrs Haywood, Goldsmith, McQuaid and Bottomley.
12.3 Fireworks. Cllr Goldsmith confirmed the date as Sat 3 Nov however he informed Members that due to the closure of the Crown the location would need to be reviewed. After reviewing the location options the Members agreed to that best location would be in the area of the Jubilee Field. However, this move would necessitate the purchase of two lighting towers at a cost not to exceed £168.00 +VAT and any funds raised would be used to help offset the purchase of the lighting towers. Cllr Matton agreed to take overall lead with Cllrs Goldsmith and McQuaid in support and to draw up a planning checklist prior to the holding of a planning meeting and works party on Sat 27 Oct. After further discussion Members agreed to rename the event as a “Bonfire Night” and RESOLVED to authorise Cllr Goldsmith to purchase two lighting Towers at a cost not to exceed £168.00 +VAT.
Action: Cllrs Matton, Goldsmith and McQuaid.
12.4 Village Xmas Party & Carol service. Cllr Bottomley reported that the Goa Balti had been booked from 12.30pm on Sat 15 Dec and Cllr Goldsmith reported that he was still in negations regarding the use of the church and the service taker but anticipates that both matters will be resolved in due course.

13. Localism Act 2011.
13.1 Having considered amendments to Standing Orders in light of the Act Members RESOLVED to adopt the amended Standing Orders previously circulated by the Clerk.
Action: Clerk
13.2 Having considered reviewing the Village Design Statement in light of the Act Members agreed to wait for further guidance from Wiltshire Council. However, they directed the Clerk to look at the act and to draw their attention to any sections that might impact on planning or the review of the Design Statement.
Action; Clerk to look at the act inform Members as required.

14. Waste Site Allocations. Cllr Bottomley briefed members on the contents of the latest draft and the possible impact on the village which in simple terms is that if the Picket Hill site is used as a Household Recycling centre then the current Everleigh site would be used as a Waste Transfer site. Members agreed to await further developments which Cllr Bottomley agreed to monitor.
Action: Cllr Bottomley

15. Broadband Funding. Cllr Matton briefed Members that following the poor response to the recent survey she felt that there was little point in taking Village SOS project investigation any further with which Members agreed.

16. Future Meetings. Having considered future meeting locations in light of the closure of the Crown Hotel Members agreed that Cllr Matton was to lead on the investigation of the possible use of Collingbourne Ducis School or Village Hall as a matter of urgency.
Action: Cllr Matton

17. Police & Crime Commissioners Elections. Having considered a request from a candidate to attend a PC Meeting the Members agreed in light of the uncertainty of the location of the next meeting not to invite the Candidate to the next meeting.

18. AOB for information only.
18.1 None raised

19. Next Meeting. The proposed date for the meeting is Monday 5 November 2012

Signed: date:
Name:
Chairman

Leave a Reply