Minutes of the Everleigh Parish Council Meeting – 6th July 2015


JULY 2015

Minutes of the Everleigh Parish Council Meeting held at the

Collingbourne Ducis School

on Monday 6 July 2015

Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley

Present: Cllr K Preece (vice Chairman) , Cllr S Matton, Cllr T Symonds, Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr E Hudson and Cllr Jones.

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk), Wilts County Cllr C Howard and P Sgt A Faircloth.

  1. Apologies: None

  1. Disclosure of Interest. None declared.

  1. Minutes of the Annual Parish Meeting and the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on 11 May 2015. Both sets of minutes were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

  1. Matters Arising.

    1. Item 11.9 The Clerk confirmed that he had sent off the necessary forms for Cllr Preece to be added to the list of signatories on the Parish Council Santander bank account.

  1. General Public. No questions asked

  1. Wilshire Constabulary. P Sgt Faircloth reported that since 8 May 3 incidents had been reported as follows: attempted break in at the Farm shop, Suspect backpacking male who turned out to be a hitch hiker and an alarm activation by a cleaner.

The Chairman thanked P Sgt Faircloth for her report.

  1. County Councillor. Wilts County Councillor C Howard reported on the changes of the Recycling Centres the details of which can be found on the Wilts Council website –

www.wiltshire.gov.uk/household-recycling-centres. The Everleigh site will be closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 13 July 15. He also reported that The Tidworth Area Community Manager will be replaced by a Community Engagement Manager, Mr Marc Read, with effect from 10 Aug 15.

The Chairman thanked Wilts Cllr Howard for his report.

  1. Correspondence – As received and if necessary held at the clerk’s office.

    1. None that has not been circulated.

  1. Planning. Planning Applications as received from Wiltshire Council.

    1. None received.

  1. Property.

    1. Grass Cutting. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the contract continues to work well and is supported by self-help provided by the Cllrs. Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows

    2. Street Scene Minor Works. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that repairs to a light in Everleigh and the “S” bend in the area of the Goa Balti had been completed. He informed Members that following the severe weather event there had been a major build up of mud on the road in Lower Everleigh which has been addressed. However the cause needs to be identified and mitigated so to that end Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to write to the DIO and Wilts Council with a view to addressing the mitigation. It was brought to Cllr Wheeler-Mallows’ attention that the chevrons on the Marlborough Road were missing and that the Everleigh sign by the “Beaton’s House” was laying on the ground. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to investigate these two matters and report back.

Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows

    1. New Play Equipment. Cllr Wheeler -Mallows that he had carried out an inspection of the equipment and that although it was safe to use there was some minor work to be carried out. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to carry out the work and to provide a written report for the record. Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

    2. Work Party. Having considered the requirement for a Play Area Works Party before the next RoSPA Inspection after 14 Sep 15 Members RESOLVED to have a Work Party on Sat 20 Aug 15 at 1700hrs. Action: All Members

  1. Finance.

    1. The Clerk presented a current liquidity statement and bank reconciliation as follows:

      1. Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 6 Jun 15 ) £5273.95

      2. Balance at Lloyds BIAA ( statement date 28 May 15) £51.73

      3. Balance at Santander (statement date 5 Jun 15) £1953.49

      4. Current Balance reflecting items 11.2 & 11.3 Combined Balance £6770.34

Members noted the statement and reconciliation.

    1. Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting.

      1. 481 Mini Quadmania. (Bouncy Castle hire 13 May 15) £100.00

      2. 482 P Gill (Clerk’s Salary & Expenses Apr-Jun 2 Jul 15) £291.93

      3. 483 HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE Apr-Jun 2 Jul 15) £72.80

Members RESOLVED to authorise the payment of the cheques.

    1. Note all major receipts since last meeting.

      1. None.

Members noted the receipts

    1. The Clerk presented his Apr-Jun 15 salary invoice for £364.73 less £72.80 PAYE.

Members RESOLVED to authorise the payment of the invoice for £364.73 less £72.80 PAYE (£291.93).

  1. Rights Of Way. Cllr Bottomley updated Members on the communications received from Mr Nigel Linge in that Mr Linge is now pursuing funding for the repairs to the ROW Signs via the Parish Improvement Grant Scheme. Members agreed to defer this item to the next meeting. Action: Clerk

  1. Village Events

    1. Summer Event. Cllr Bottomley reported that this event went extremely well and there had been a really good community feeling at the event. However, there was an accident involving a young child to which the immediate response by those at the event was excellent as was the reaction by the medical services. The owners of the Bouncy Castle and the PC’s Insurers have been informed. In light of the accident Members RESOLVED that Cllr Bottomley was to fill out an Accident Report Form for the record and to return to Miniquadmania from whom the bouncy castle was hired, and for future events the PC’s standard event checklist was to be reviewed by Cllr Bottomley with a view to identifying any weaknesses or omissions in the checklist items. Members further RESOLVED that the presentation of a card and a small gift to the injured child along with a donation of £50.00 to the Air Ambulance Service was appropriate, funded by the underspend of £63 for the event. Action: Cllr Bottomley

    1. WW1 Commemorative Stone. Cllr Matton reported that she has yet take a photograph of the proposed location, the stone and to pass them to Wilts Cllr Howard with details of the size and material specification in order that he can take the matter forward within Wilts Council.

Action: Cllr Matton and Jones.

    1. Harvest Festival Service. Cllr Matton reported that she had passed the provisional date of Sun 25 Oct to the Vicar and is still awaiting confirmation. This item was deferred to the next meeting.

Action: Cllr Matton

    1. Carol Service/Curry Lunch Sat 12 Dec 15. Cllr Matton reported that she had passed the provisional date of Sat 12 Dec to the Vicar and is still awaiting confirmation. It was agreed that the female Members were to liaise with a view to organising this item and item 13.3 above under the leadership of Cllr Preece. Moreover Members agreed that it would be a good idea to have an email list of villagers to aid the distribution of event information and Cllr Matton agreed to write a letter to villagers requesting the email addresses. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows suggested that better use should be made of the “A Frame Boards” as a means of advertising village events and agreed to take make this happen.

Action: Female Members, Cllr Matton and Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

    1. Bonfire/Fireworks Night Sat 7 Nov 15 Cllr Matton confirmed that the fireworks had been paid for and that planning was in hand. Cllr Bottomley will seek permission from Mr Bruce Waight (Farmer) and MoD DIO to use the field and to liaise with Mr Mal Turner ref wood for the bonfire. Cllr Matton agreed to produce a planning check list in due course.

Action: Cllrs Matton & Bottomley

  1. Emergency Plan. Cllr Symonds informed Members that he required their up-to-date contact details and that he would change the colour scheme for the next version of the plan. He agreed to have the new version ready for the next PC meeting. Action: Cllr Symonds

  1. Mobile Library Consultation. Cllr Bottomley briefed Cllrs on his previously circulated draft reply indicating that the PC was content with the consultation proposal to reduce the mobile library fleet from 4 to 2 in order to help reduce the Wilts Council budget deficiency. Members RESOLVED to accept the draft produced by Cllr Bottomley and directed him to send the reply to Wilts Council.

Action: Cllr Bottomley.

  1. Time Credits. Cllr Symonds reported that he had made contact with the Time Credits Scheme facilitator and that the item remains a work in progress and that he was report back at the next meeting. Action: Cllr Symonds

  1. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00pm on Monday 14th September 2015 to be held in Collingbourne School.

Signed: date: