Come and join us for a fun walk on Sunday, 10th May – Rogation Sunday – the traditional day when the clergy and parishioners walk the parish boundary and pray for protection during the coming year.
The chosen route will follow most of the parish boundary and is less than 9 miles. The pace will be leisurely, the atmosphere fun, and the weather………has been booked for being perfectly spring-like! From start to finish will take approximately three hours, and will explore the beautiful countryside from the Dropping Zone, to Everleigh Ashes, through Lower Everleigh and back to the start. The exercise will be conducted as a group and everyone is welcome.
The start and finish point is the car park at Weather Hill Firs (tank crossing V) on the Everleigh to Netheravon road. The walk will start with a safety and route briefing, and a safety vehicle will accompany walkers throughout. Afterwards, everyone is encouraged to attend lunch at The Goa Restaurant (to be booked separately by individuals, proposed time after 1.15pm tel. 850850)
- 9:00am -9.25pm Assemble at Weather Hill Firs car park
- 9:25am Briefing
- 9:30am Start
- 1:00pm(ish) Finish
- 1:15pm(ish) Lunch
- Footwear – to be suitable for walking on tracks and grass e.g. walking boots, stout shoes
- Clothing – weather dependent, T-shirts and light anorak-style coat advised
- Small rucksack or back-pack for snacks, fluids and clothing
- Water or soft drink – weather dependent but advise one litre minimum
Although not a fund-raising event you may like to seek sponsorship for your own good cause or charity.
PLEASE COME AND JOIN US ON THIS FIRST-TIME EVENT
Any questions may be directed to Cllr Kim Wheeler-Mallows (01264) 850 303