Annual meeting of the Parish Council Minutes – 18th May 2021

 Minutes of the Annual meeting of the Parish Council held

at Collingbourne Ducis Village Hall on Tuesday 18 May 2021

Chairman:     Cllr D Bottomley

Present:           Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows, Cllr P Evans, Cllr A Earle, Cllr H Waight and Cllr T Martin.

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk) and Wilts Cllr C Williams and one member of the public (via Zoom)

1.         Election of Officers:

1.1.      Chairman:  There being no other nominations Cllr Bottomley was proposed.

Cllrs having signed their declaration of Acceptance RESOLVED to elect Cllr Bottomley as Chairman who then signed the Acceptance of Office.  

1.2.      Vice Chairman:  There being no other nominations Cllr Wheeler-Mallows was proposed.

Members RESOLVED to elect Cllr Wheeler-Mallows as Vice Chairman.

2.         Apologies:       None

3.         Disclosure of Interest.  None declared.

4.         Co-option.  No applications received.

5.         Allocation of Appointments.

5.1.      Planning Committee:

        5.1.1    Members.  Cllrs Bottomley, Evans, and Wheeler-Mallows

to be Members of the Planning Committee.

            5.1.2    Chairman.  Cllr Bottomley to be Chairman of the Planning Committee.

5.2.      Property Committee

5.2.1    Members.  Cllrs Wheeler-Mallows, Earle, Waight and Martin to be Members of the Property Committee.

5.2.2    Chairman.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows to be Chairman of the Property Committee.

5.3       Cllr Bottomley to be the Representative to Tidworth Area Board.

5.4       Cllr Bottomley to be the Representative to Tidworth Community Area Partnership.

5.5       Cllr Bottomley to be the Representative to The Courier magazine.

5.6       Cllr Bottomley to be in charge of the grass cutting of Playground.

5.7        Cllr Bottomley to be the Data Controller.

5.8       Cllr Evans to be assistant Data Controller

5.9       Cllr A Earle to be in charge of the Defibrillator.

5.10       Cllr Wheeler-Mallows to be the Highways & Streetscene Representative.

Members RESOLVED to allocate the appointments at items 5.1-to 5.10 above and that the Clerk is to publish submit details for publication on the village website.

6.         Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 2nd March 2021.  The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 2nd March 2021 were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

7.         Matters Arising.  None that do not appear on the agenda for this meeting.

8.         General Public.  No questions asked

9.         Correspondence.  None that has been previously circulated.

10.       Forecast of Events.  Cllrs reviewed the Forecast of Events and noted that the Summer Tea Party (20th June) was cancelled; however, the Summer Party (17th July), the Harvest Festival Service (9th October), the Autumn Litter Pick (23rd October) and the Carol Service (11th December) were due to go ahead subject to the Covid 19 situation.

.

11.       Planning. 

11.1     20/10867/FUL.  Having previously considered the belated application for Erection of garage/workshop and conversion of loft space into a home office and for document storage at Dairy Bungalow, Lower House Farm Cllrs RESOLVED to make two observations on this planning application at Dairy Bungalow, Lower House Farm, Everleigh:

• We are content that the view of the proposed build is hidden from neighbouring properties and public areas.

• However, we have some concern that the size and scale of this building may not be compatible with the site and whether it is in context with surrounding buildings, although we note that the brickwork, roof slates and timber cladding are identical to other adjacent buildings. In particular, the height of the building and size of garage doors seem to be out of proportion to the local environment at the site.

We therefore recommend that Wilts Council conduct a further review of proposals.

After note:  Wilts Cllr Williams confirmed that the  application is still under consideration.

12.       Property. 

12.1      Grass Cutting Contract.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that J Bowen is up to date with the grass cutting contract and that he will continue to monitor the cutting.

                                                                                     Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

12.2    Play Area.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that the play area is in good order and that there were no areas of concern at this time. Other Cllrs reported that they had received feedback which indicated that the recent refurbishment and clear COVID 19 safety guidance was appreciated and there was clear anecdotal evidence that the play area was being well used.             Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.

12.3   Streetscene Minor WorksCllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that all work that has been tasked to the Parish Steward had been completed and that the drainage work at Lower Everleigh had been completed. He reported that he will contact Wilts Council to request an early cut of Chicks lane verges.  He reported that he is still concerned that villagers are not passing on tasks to him for the Parish Steward to take on.  Cllr Bottomley agreed to put a reminder in his next version of his “View from Everleigh”.  There then followed a lengthy discussion, which included Wilts Cllr Williams, regarding out-of-date signs, signs that required cleaning, repairing, or replacing at the end of which Cllr Wheeler-Mallows agreed to report the signs on MyWilts App and to email the details of the signs to Wilts Cllr Williams and Cllr Bottomley who will raise the matter at the next CATG Meeting on Mon 7 Jun 21.               Action:  Cllrs Wheeler-Mallows and Bottomley.

12.4 Bench Seat Everleigh Centre.  Cllrs complimented Cllr Wheeler-Mallows on his construction of the Bench Seat.

12.5 Lower Everleigh Bus Shelter.  Cllr Wheeler- Mallows volunteered to repair the Bus Shelter.                                                                       Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows

12.6 Church Litter Bin.  Cllr Waight agreed to empty this as and when required.

                                                                                                Action:  Cllr Waight

13.       Finance.

13.1    The Clerk presented a bank reconciliation and current liquidity statement as follows:

13.1.1   Balance at Lloyds CA (statement date 30 Apr 21) £6540.37

13.1.5   Reconciled Balance as 16 May 21 £6,474.26

Members noted the statements but had no comment at this time.

13.2    Internal audit.  Having reviewed the effectiveness of the internal audit in line with the guidance set out in the “Practitioners’ Guide” and the subsequent report submitted by the Internal Auditor the Cllrs RESOLVED that the internal audit was effective and to accept the Internal Auditor’s report and Page 4 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) for FY 20/21.          The Chairman thanked Mr Keith Cockerton for carrying out the duties of Internal Auditor.

13.3   Having considered the Annual Governance Statement for year ended 31st March 2021 Cllrs RESOLVED to approve the statement which the Chairman and the Clerk then signed.

13.4 Accounting Statements.  Having considered the Accounting Statements to 31st March 2021 Cllrs RESOLVED to approve the Accounting Statements, which the Chairman then signed, and to congratulate the Clerk in his keeping of the accounts.

13.5 Limited Assurance Review Exemption.  Having considered the criteria to allow the Council to certify itself as exempt from a Limited Assurance Review and having noted the advice of the Internal Auditor Cllrs RESOLVED to certify the Council as exempt from a Limited Assurance Review which negates the need for the accounts to be sent to the External Auditor which the Chairman and the Clerk then signed.              Action:  Clerk.

13.6 Period for The Exercise of Public Rights.  Having considered the dates for the period for the exercise of public rights Cllrs RESOLVED to set the dates as 14 June 21 to 23 Jul 21.  Action:  Clerk

13.7 Risk Assessment and Insurance.  Having reviewed the risk assessment and insurance levels for FY 21/22 and agreed the Risk Register, Cllrs RESOLVED that the Risk Register was appropriate, and to accept the insurance quote of £291.56 from Community First.    Action: Clerk

13. Appointment of Internal Auditor.  Having considered appointing an Internal Auditor for FY 21/22 Cllrs RESOLVED to appoint Mr Keith Cockerton. Action:  Clerk

13.9   Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting or presented for payment.

13.9.1 695 K Wheeler-Mallows (Play Area Repairs Material 4 Mar 21) £146.31

 (VAT £ 24.40)

            13.9.2 696 WALC (Annual Subscriptions 1 Apr 21) £81.44 (VAT £13.57)

            13.9.3 697 P Gill (Stamps 14 Apr 21) £ 15.84

            13.9.4 698 D Bottomley (lawn Mower Fuel 3 May 21) £30.11 (VAT £5.02)

            13.9.5 700 WALC (Trg Cse for Cllr T Martin 5 May 21) £36.00 (VAT £6.00)

13.9.6 702 K Wheeler- Mallows (Bench Materials 18 May 21) £65.29 (£10.88)

13.10   Note payments Received

                             13.10.1 Precept – £3688.71

            13.10.2 VAT Reclaim – £81.44

                        Members noted receipt of the payments.

13.11 Standing Orders.  Having reviewed the current Standing Orders Members RESOLVED that the Standing Orders were appropriate.

13.12 Financial Regulations.  Having reviewed the current Financial Regulations Members RESOLVED that the Financial Regulations were appropriate.

13.13.   Future Projects.   Cllr Bottomley briefed Cllrs on his latest draft of the Everleigh Enhancement 2 Year plan.  After a lengthy discussion of the draft during which the possibility of well above inflation rises in coming years was identified Cllrs Resolved the following:

  • To allocate £50.00 in this FY for Cllr Wheeler-Mallows to the repair the lower Everleigh Bus Shelter.                                                Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows
  • To allocate up to £450.00 + VAT in this FY to purchase an additional bench at a location to be decided by Cllr Bottomley, Cllr Wheeler-Mallows, and members of the Property Committee.            Action:  Property Committee.
  • To allocate up to £150.00 + VAT in this FY for Cllrs Evans and Earle to set up a floral garden in Everleigh Centre which will then be maintained by Cllrs Evans & Martin.       Action:  Cllrs Earle, Evans & Martin
  • To allocate up to £100.00 + VAT in this FY for Cllr Earle to purchase a Christmas tree for Everleigh Centre.  Action:  Cllr Earle
  • That Cllr Martin was to draw up a draft “Village Delivery Map” to help delivery drivers etc to locate houses in the village.  Action:  Cllr Martin
  • That Cllr Earle report the damaged RoW signs to Mr Nigel linge who leads a group of volunteers seeking to improve RoW signs as part of the Wilts Countryside Access Forum. Action:  Cllr Earle.
  • That Cllr Wheeler-Mallows makes a request to Wilts Council to have “Caution Horses” signs erected on Netheravon Rd.  Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
  • That for FY 22/23 Cllr Wheeler-Mallows is to consider any requirements for the maintenance of the playground.  Action:  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
  • That for FY 22/23 Cllrs Earle, Evans and Martin, were to scope the idea of having flower planters in and around the village. The planters, soil and plants would be funded by the Council with the intention that some of the planters would be sponsored by local companies or adopted by local residents who would then maintain them.       Action:  Cllrs Earle, Evans & Martin
  • For FY 23/24 and beyond the intention is that Everleigh Centre would be further enhanced, and that consideration would be given to better presentation of the entrances and exits of the village.            Action: Cllr Bottomley

14.       Village Events.

14.1     Village Litter Pick Sat 24 Apr 21.   Cllr Bottomley reported that 19 volunteers collected 17 bags of rubbish. Everleigh certainly looked a lot cleaner as a result.  Cllr Bottomley agreed to put a note of encouragement to residents to pick their litter in his next “View from Everleigh”.    Action:  Cllr Bottomley

14.2     Walk the Parish Boundary Sun 16 May 21.  Cllr Wheeler- Mallows reported that this went well considering the weather with 14 walkers taking part.  Cllrs agreed that this should continue as a biennial event.                        Action:  Cllr Evans.

14.3     Midsummer Tea Party Sat 20 Jun 21.  Cllr Bottomley reported that although this is not a Parish Council event, he is nonetheless the Council liaison for this event.  After consultation, the event organiser agreed that the event was to be postponed due to impact of COVID 19 restrictions.          Action:  Cllr Bottomley

            14.4     Summer Party Sat 17 Jul 21.  Cllr Bottomley tabled a Planning Check List which was discussed by Cllrs following which some minor amendments were proposed and accepted.  However, given the uncertainty of the COVID 19 situation Cllrs were to decide in mid June on whether to proceed with this event. Action:  Cllr Bottomley

15.        Marlborough Road Speed Limit.  Cllr Bottomley reported that the reduction in the Marlborough Road Speed Limit from 50 to 40mph had now been implemented for the 400m stretch of road from the A342 up to and including Coombe Cottages.   However, this came at a cost of £7.5K of which the Council contributed £1875 with Wilts Council funding the remainder.         Item closed.

16.       Right of Way (RoW) 6.  Cllr Earle reported that he has attempted to make further contact with the RoW Officer at Wilts Council.  However, a resident has planted a number of tree whips on the eastern side of the RoW which appear to be having the desired effect.         Action:  Cllr Earle

17.  Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00 pm on Tuesday 6th July 2021 at Collingbourne Ducis Village Hall.

Meeting closed at 9.25pm

Signed:                                                                                     date:

Name:

Chairman