- Waste Disposal.
A WC review of waste disposal sites has been ongoing for several years and a draft Waste Site Allocations Development Plan document has now been produced; www.consult.wiltshire.gov.uk . The consultation phase starts on 13 Jun 11 and lasts for 8 weeks. PCs and individuals are invited to comment. A public exhibition is also due to take place; date and location to be confirmed. Proposals affecting the TAB area include:
- The creation of new Household Recycling Centres at Castledown Business Park and/or Pickpit Hill, Tidworth (half way between Tidworth and Ludgershall on the A3026)
- The Everleigh Recycle Centre to be retained, but a change of role from Household to Inert Recycling is proposed
After some heated discussion, the TAB view was that the Castledown Business Park option should be opposed in favour of the Tidworth and Everleigh Centres.
- Wilts Police Report: Headlines – static level of crime since the last report 2 months ago.
- Click here to read the Police Report for May 2011 254.21 Kb
- Tedworth House:
Planning on track to convert Tedworth House to a Regional Rehabilitation Centre for injured soldiers, by April 2012 with an interim capacity from 21 Jun 11. H4H took over the site on 18 Feb 11.
- Wellington Academy:
The new build opened on 28 Apr, with national media coverage. An Open day will take place on 15 Jun 3-7pm.
- Community Area Awards:
Due to take place on Wed 25 May 11 at the Wellington Academy.
Comment: Sally and Tracey are attending (The Everleigh PC has been nominated for an award)
- TAB Community Issues.
Everleigh has 2 issues logged with the Tidworth Area Board:
- Speed Indicator Devices on the A345. the recent metro count has revealed that there is not a speeding issue in the 50mph zone. Issue therefore closed.
- Need for signs to warn of children in the Street. A site visit by Highways staff has suggested that additional Highways signage is not needed, but that the Everleigh PC could put up signs off the highway if required.
Comment: Suggest this is an agenda item at the next Everleigh PC meeting on Mon 11 Jul
- Next TAB Meetings:
Extraordinary Meeting: Mon 6 Jun at 7pm at Ludgershall (Memorial Hall) – to discuss Waste Disposal, especially the Castledown Business Park option
Routine meeting: Mon 18 Jul 11 at the Enford Village Hall at 7pm.
Castledown Radio have some interviews taken after the meeting, please visit this link to find out more