EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Extraordinary Everleigh Parish Council Meeting held at the Crown Hotel
on Monday 13 August 2012.
Chairman: Cllr S Matton
Present: Cllr D Bottomley, Cllr M Goldsmith, , Cllr T McQuaid , Cllr A Bradford and Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows.
In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk) Wilts County Cllr C Howard and 5 members of the public
1. Apologies: Cllr C Haywood
2. Disclosure of Interest. Cllrs Bottomley and Goldsmith declared a declarable pecuniary interest in item 7.1
3. Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 9 July 2012. The minutes were signed by the Chairman as a true record.
4. Matters Arising.
4.1 Item 6. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows attended the Crime Reduction meeting on 25 July however the matters discussed were not what he expected and as a result a lot of crime reduction remains to be done.
4.2 Item 8.1. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows has made contact with the officers at Wiltshire Council and is now awaiting g further information. Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows
4.3 Item 10.5 The Marquee remains to be moved. Action: Cllrs Haywood & McQuaid
4.4 Item 10.6. The weed killing remains to be done, but dry weather is required. Action: Cllr Goldsmith
4.5 Item 12.4. All is in hand for the Village Carol Service an update on which will be provided at the September meeting. Action: Cllrs Goldsmith & McQuaid.
4.6 Item 13. The 1st draft of the revised Standing Orders has been circulated and it is anticipated that the final draft will be presented for adoption at the September meeting. Action: Clerk.
5. General Public. A member of the public asked about dog fouling in the area of the play area in response to which Cllr Wheeler -Mallows agreed to erect a sign to draw attention to the selfishness and un-neighbour like actions of some and to the location of the dog -poo bin provided by the Council.
6. County Councillor. Wilts Cllr C Howard reported that as usual August had been a very quiet month. He drew attention to the New and Wider Eligibility of grants that are now available for loft and cavity wall insulation through the Wiltshire Warm and Well scheme www.warmandwell.co.uk You no longer have to over 70 or on qualifying benefits to be eligible for this scheme but funding is only available until September on a first come first served basis so prompt action is essential. Contact details are:
Freephone 0800 500 3076 Email email@example.com
7. Planning. Planning Applications as received from Wiltshire Council.
7.1 E/2012/0929/FUL. Change of use of adjoining land, paddock land to domestic garden at 7 West View, Everleigh, SN8 3EY. Cllrs Bottomley and Goldsmith having declared a disclosable pecuniary interest in this application left the room. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows then briefed the members on the history of the site, the current status of the land, what could be allowed under a change of use, factors to be considered and the input received from the planning officers at Wiltshire Council. Wilts County Cllr on invitation from the Chairman explained that if permission were to be granted by Wiltshire Council there would be a condition to remove the permitted development rights. The Chairman then invited comments and questions from the members of the public present. After this the members considered the application and RESOLVED that the application be supported with the proviso that there was a condition to remove the permitted development rights. Action: Clerk
8. Village Events
8.1 Community Games. Cllr McQuaid reported that all was in hand and then led the Members through the planning checklist to confirm outstanding actions and to set or refine dates and costings. The event was confirmed for Sat 22 Sep starting at 2pm and that the revised budget was set at £440.
She presented a draft poster for consideration and comment after which the detail was agreed by members as was the dates and means of distribution. Action: Cllr McQuaid.
9. JPAG Cheques Guidance. Having received the JPAG cheque guidance and other consultations for comment with very short response times members agreed to consider responses to the following consultations:
16.1 Cheque signatories. Having considered the consultation document the Members were content that no comment was required. However, changes to Standing Orders will be required once the statute has been changed
16.2 Barrier busting. Having considered the consultation document the Members were content that no comment was required.
16.3 Sustainable communities act. Having considered the consultation document the Members were content that no comment was required.
16.4 The Audit Commission Changes. Having considered the consultation document the Members were content that no comment was required. However, changes to Standing Orders will be required once the statute has been changed
10. Broadband. Cllr Matton read to Members a letter that she had received from All Pay regarding the gathering of facts and information relating to the current broadband provision in the village. Members agreed that Cllr Matton could conduct the fact finding exercise and pass the information to All Pay.
11. Loan of Marquee. Members agreed that the marquee could be hired out subject to proper terms and conditions being put in place to indemnify the Council against loss or liability. Cllr Goldsmith agreed to draw up the draft terms and conditions. Action: Cllr Goldsmith
12. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00pm on Monday 3rd September 2012 to be held at the Crown Hotel.