EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Annual meeting of the Parish Council held
at Collingbourne Ducis School on Monday 9th May 2016
Chairman: Cllr D Bottomley
Present: Cllr S Matton, Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows and Cllr K Preece.
In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk)
1. Election of Officers:
1.1. Chairman: There being no other nominations Cllr Bottomley was proposed.
Members RESOLVED to elect Cllr Bottomley as Chairman who then signed the Acceptance of Office.
1.2. Vice Chairman: There being no other nominations Cllr Preece was proposed.
Members RESOLVED to elect Cllr Preece as Vice Chairman.
2. Apologies: Cllr T Symonds, Cllr J Jones and Cllr E Hudson.
3. Disclosure of Interest. Declaration of Interest in Items on the Agenda and Granting of Dispensations. Cllr Bottomley and Cllr Preece declared a pecuniary interest in planning application 16/03119/REM.
4. Allocation of Appointments.
4.1. Planning Committee:
4.1.1 Members. Cllrs Matton, Jones, Preece, Wheeler-Mallows and Hudson to be Members of the Planning Committee.
4.1.2 Chairman. Cllr Matton to be Chairman of the Planning Committee.
4.2. Property Committee:
4.2.1 Members. Cllrs Wheeler-Mallows, Symonds and Hudson to be Members of the Property Committee
4.2.2 Chairman. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows to be Chairman of the Property Committee.
4.3 Cllr Matton & Jones to form WW1 Commemorative Working Group.
4.4 Cllr Bottomley to be the Representative to Tidworth Area Board.
4.5 Cllr Matton to be the Representative to Tidworth Community Area Partnership.
4.6 Cllr Preece to be the Representative to The Courier magazine.
4.7 Cllr Bottomley to be in charge of the grass cutting of Playground.
4.8 Cllr Wheeler-Mallows to be the Representative to NHW Scheme.
4.9 Cllr Wheeler-Mallows to be the Representative to the Wiltshire County Streetcene.
Members RESOLVED to allocate the appointments at items 4.1-4.10 above.
5. General Public. No questions asked.
6. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 14th March 2016. The minutes of the Parish council Meeting held on 14th March 2016 signed by the Chairman as a true record.
7. Matters Arising.
7.1 Item 11.6. Printing of Flyers. Printing arrangements have been agreed with the Courier and the stationery budget has been increased to £40.00. Item Closed.
8. Correspondence. Road to Rio. Having considered a letter from Mr M Read TCA Community Engagement Officer regarding “Road To Rio Challenge” Members RESOLVED that the challenges were inappropriate to the Parish Council; however the Cllr Bottomley was to contact Mr Read to get 100 Flyers from him the distribution of which within the village would be arranged by the Council. Action: Cllr Bottomley
9.1 16/00546/FUL. Yew Tree Cottage. Having previously considered this application the Members RESOLVED that Everleigh PC are content with the proposals as long as due care and attention is paid to the correct materials being used as the last 2 previous owners of Yew Tree Cottage have not paid much attention to the listed status of that section of the building when making repairs and replacements and to that end some existing materials may be not of the correct sort to comply with current the LBC regulations. Action: Clerk
9.2 16/03119/REM. As Cllrs Bottomley and Preece had declared a pecuniary interest this left the meeting inquorate and the item was passed to the Planning Committee for consideration and reply before 23 May 16. Action: Planning Committee
- Grass Cutting. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that J Bowen has cut the grass as per the contract. Members agreed that in July Cllr Wheeler-Mallows was to review the numbers cuts required for the remainder of the cutting season.
Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
- Play Area Development Project. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that there had been a very successful work party effort to start off phase one of the project. Much had been achieved whilst the fence posts and some earth mounds are to be removed with one to be reshaped on Tue 10 May. Afternote: This task was completed on Tue 10 May.
- Cllr Wheeler-Mallows briefed the Members on the option for picnic tables and after consideration Members RESOLVED to opt for heavy duty recycled plastic benches and tables at a cost of no more than £1K +VAT and directed Cllr Wheeler-Mallows to arrange for the issuing of a Pro Forma Invoice for 3 Tables by 1 Jun 16 in order that Cllr Bottomley can submit a grant bid to the July 2016 TAB Meeting.
Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows and Cllr Bottomley.
Members noted that some parts of the boundary chain link fence may need to be replaced within 12-18 months.
- Streetscene minor Works. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that he, Cllr Bottomley and the Clerk had attended a Wilts Council Seminar held on 6 Apr 16 regarding the revised highways contract. The reporting system remains as via Wilts Council web Site or My Wiltshire App. However there are bound to be some teething problems. Members raised concerns about the continuing disrepair of the traffic chevrons on the A338 and the Marlborough Road and directed Cllr Wheeler-Mallows to email their concerns to Mr Philip Whitehead at Wiltshire Council and to copy Wilts Cllr Howard in on the email.
Action Cllr Wheeler-Mallows.
The Clerk presented a bank reconciliation and current liquidity statement as follows:
Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 1 Apr 16) £3667.60
Balance at Lloyds TSB BIAA (statement date 1 Apr 16) £0.00
Balance at Santander (statement date 5 May 16) £1,960.79
Combined Balance at 1 May 16 £5628.39
Reconciled Balance as at 9 May 16 £7953.12
Members noted the statements but had no comment at this time.
Having reviewed the effectiveness of the internal audit in line with the guidance set out in the “Practitioners’ Guide” and the subsequent report submitted by the Internal Auditor the Members RESOLVED that the internal audit was effective and to accept the Internal Auditor’s report and Section 4 of the Annual Return.
Having considered the Annual Governance Statement for year ended 31st March 2016 Members RESOLVED to approve the statement.
Having considered the Accounting Statements to 31st March 2016 Members RESOLVED to approve the Accounts.
Having reviewed the risk assessment and insurance levels for FY 16/17 and agreed that they were appropriate Member RESOLVED that they were appropriate.
Having considered appointing an Internal Auditor for FY 16/17 Members RESOLVED to appoint Mr D Beaton.
Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting or presented for payment.
503 – WALC/NALC (Annual Subs 1 Apr 16) £79.36 (VAT 13.23.70)
504 – Miniquadmania ( Bouncy Castle 25 Apr 16) £110.00
505 – Community 1st (Insurance 1 Jun 16) £659.55.
506 – Community 1st (Summer Party Insurance 26 Apr 16) £45.99
507 – The Courier (Printing 26 Apr 16) £25.90
512 – D Bottomley (Fuel for Grass Cutting ) £19.40 (VAT 3.23)
509 – D Bottomley (Wood Paint 6 May 16) £11.99 (VAT 2.00)
510 – P Gill (Clerks Salary & Expenses 9 May 16) £291.94
511 – HMRC (Clerk’s PAYE 9 May 16 ) £72.80
Members RESOLVED to authorise the cheques
Major Payments Received
Precept – £3422.55
Precept Grant – £11.09
VAT Reclaim – £295.02
Members noted receipt of the payments
Having considered the list of authorised Bank Signatories Members RESOLVED that Cllrs Bottomley, Matton, Preece and Symonds be the authorised Bank Signatories.
Having reviewed the previously circulated Standing Orders Members RESOLVED that the Standing Orders remained appropriate.
Having reviewed the previously circulated Financial Regulations Members RESOLVED that the draft Financial Regulations were appropriate.
Section 137 Expenditure: Limit for 2016/2017. Members noted that The Department for Communities and Local Government has confirmed that the appropriate sum for parish councils for the purposes of section 137(4)(a) of the Local Government Act 1972 (“the 1972 Act”) for 2016-2017 is £7.42. This is the amount that results from increasing the amount for 2015-2016 (£7.36) by 0.8% – the percentage increase in the retail index between September 2015 and September 2015, in accordance with Schedule 12B to the 1972 Act.
Workplace Pensions. In the absence of Cllr Hudson no report was offered; however the Clerk informed Members that all was in hand.
Bobby Van Trust. Having considered a request for a Grant from the Bobby Van Trust Members RESOLVED to not make a grant.
12.1 Litter Pick Sat 16 Apr. Clean for the Queen. Cllr Preece reported that the litter pick had been well attended and lots of rubbish was collected from around the village. Members thanked Cllr Preece and all those who turned out for such a splendid village effort.
12.2 Play area Work Party. Cllr Wheeler-Mallows had already reported on this at item 10.2.
12.3 Church Fete/Tea Party Sun 12 Jun – Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebrations. Cllr Matton reported that although this is not a Parish Council run event everything is in hand with works party scheduled for Sat 4 Jun and with event flyers going out by last week in May. Action: Cllr Matton.
12.4 Summer Party Sat 16 Jul. Cllr Bottomley tabled a draft planning check list, draft flyer and a draft management plan, After discussion Members RESOLVED to accept the planning check list and the flyer but to amend Item 6 Ser 3 of the Management Plan/Risk Assessment Bouncy Castle Mitigation/remarks to reflect parents’ responsibility to supervise the bouncy castle. Action: Cllr Bottomley
Afternote: The date of this event may change to September due to the non availability of
WWI Commemorative Stone. Cllr Matton reported that all is in hand and Members agreed that the date and details of an Inauguration Ceremony be discussed at the next meeting. The grant application is to be considered at the TAB meeting on Mon 16 May.
Transparency Regulations. The Clerk reported that council is compliant. Item Closed
Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00 pm on Monday 11 July 2016 at Collingbourne Ducis School.
Meeting closed at 9.00pm