Minutes from Everleigh Parish Council Meeting – 2nd September 2013

EVERLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL

SEPTEMBER 2013

Minutes of the Everleigh Parish Council Meeting held at the Collingbourne Ducis School

on Monday 2 September 2013.

Chairman: Cllr S Matton

Present: Cllr D Bottomley, Cllr M Goldsmith, Cllr T Symonds, Cllr T McQuaid, Cllr Jones, and Cllr K Wheeler-Mallows

 

In Attendance: Mr P Gill (Parish Clerk), and PCSO M Downham.

1. Apologies: Wilts County Cllr C Howard

2.    Disclosure of Interest. Cllr Matton declared an interest in items 9.1 & 9.2

3. Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on 1 July 2013. The minutes with one minor amendment were signed by the Chairman as a true record.

4. Matters Arising. None that do not appear on the agenda

 

5. General Public.  No questions asked

 

6. Wilshire Constabulary.  PCSO Downham reported on those incidents that had been reported since the last meeting including a Rave at Everleigh Ashes, Hare Coursing and damage to farm land and theft of at least 200 gallons of Red Diesel.  She informed Members that reducing the number of thefts and non dwelling burglaries in rural areas would be a priority in the three months stating from October 2013.  Cllr Wheeler- Mallows agreed to raise the issue of rural theft and burglaries to the Police Crime Commissioner with a view to gaining funding for crime prevention initiatives in concert with the local police.

The Chairman thanked PCSO Downham for her report.

Action: Cllr Wheeler-Mallows

7. County Councillor in the absence of Wilts County Councillor C Howard no report was presented.

 

8. Correspondence – As received and if necessary held at the clerk’s office.

8.1     None that has not already been circulated.

 

9. Planning. Planning Applications as received from Wiltshire Council.

9.1      13/00754/FUL and 13/00753/FUL.  Linden Farm.  Having previously considered the application Members, with Cllr Matton abstaining, RESOLVED to not raise any major comments other than to say that warning signage needs to be improved on both approaches to the new junction.

Action:  Clerk

9.2 13/02105/LBC.  Having previously considered the application Members, with Cllr Matton abstaining, RESOLVED to not raise any comments.

Action: Clerk

10. Property.

 

10.1       Grass Cutting. Performance update.  Cllr Goldsmith reported that contract is working well supported by self-help by the Cllrs.   Members then agreed on the self help plan for the next cut.

Action:  Cllr Goldsmith

10.2       Tree Watering. Cllr Goldsmith reported that rota system was working and that he had last watered on Sunday 1 September.  It was then agreed that watering was to take place by Friday 6 September following which Cllr Matton would arrange for the water container to be refilled.

Action: Cllrs Goldsmith and Matton

10.3       Storage Media. Cllr Bottomley reported that he was confident that he would be able to source a ISO Container in the near future and he had identified a location for it..

Action: Cllr Bottomley

10.4      Bus Shelter. The Clerk confirmed that a grant of £206.00 had been received from Wiltshire Council to assist with the repairs to the bus shelter. Cllr Goldsmith agreed to speak to Mr Earle regarding the plan to remove overhanging Ivy during the work to repair the bus shelter over the weekend of 4/5 October 13.  The repairs were to be carried out by a works party of members and others.

Action:  Cllrs Goldsmith

Cllr Goldsmith left the meeting

 

11. Finance.

11.1       The Clerk presented a current liquidity statement and bank reconciliation as follows:

11.1.1       Balance at Lloyds TSB CA (statement date 5 Aug 13 ) £3,122.00

11.1.2   Balance at Lloyds BIAA ( statement date 28  May 13)  £51.72

11.1.3      Balance at Santander (statement date 1 Aug 13) £1,946.66

11.1.4      Combined Balance at 5 Aug 13  £5,120.38

11.1.5      Reconciled Balance as at 1 Sep 13 £5,273.38

Members noted the statement and reconciliation.

11.2       Authorise cheques for payment and those cheques issued since last meeting.

11.2.1      Nil

11.3       Note all major receipts since last meeting.

11.3.1      Grant from Wiltshire Council to assist with bus shelter repairs – £206.00

Members noted the receipts

11.4       Annual Return. The Annual Return remains to be considered by the external auditors.

11.5       Clerk’s Salary.  The Members noted the increase to the Clerk’s Salary in line with the 2013/2014national Salary Award for Local Council Clerks.

11.6       Clerk’s Salary and Expenses. The Clerk presented his Jul-Sep 13 salary invoice for £353.25 which will now be paid (less NI) by BACS via the agreement set up with Douglas Tonks ltd.

.Members RESOLVED to authorise the payment of the invoice for £353.25 by BACS via Douglas Tonks Ltd.

 

12. Village Events

12.1                      Fireworks. Cllr Matton briefed the Members on a draft planning check list which Members considered and offered amendments to.  Cllr Matton agreed to produce a revised checklist and management plan by 30 Sep13 which would be circulated to Members for final consideration.  It was also agreed that to form works parties on Sat 26 Oct and on the day of the event Sat 2 Nov and that the “Doors open time” was to be 1830.

Action:  Cllrs Goldsmith & Cllr Matton

Cllr Goldsmith rejoined the meeting

13. Emergency Plan. Cllr Symonds informed Members that due to his work commitments this was still a work in progress but that he would circulate a final  draft by email with a view to distributing the final plan as soon as is practicable but by no later than the next meeting on 4 Nov 13.

Action:  Cllr Symonds

14. Wilts Council highways.

14.1   Streetscene Meeting.  Cllr Wheeler-Mallows reported that he and Cllr Matton had met with Imogen Dallimore the Local Area Coordinator for the TAB areas on Monday 22 July and that a number of major and minor highways works had been identified which have now been put on the Wiltshire Council’s list for further action.  Some of the items have already been actioned.  The issue of the improvement to chevron warnings at sharp bend (grid SU 209 554) on the Marlborough Road and the requested mitigation measures/warning signs to make motorists/motor cyclists aware of dangers on the A342 leading to the junction of A342/A338 are to be considered by the CATG in due course but any decision will be evidence based.  Cllr Matton agreed to find out the current status of the works identified on 22 July meeting.

Action:  Cllr Matton

14.2   20MPH Speed Limit and Zones. Cllr Bottomley briefed Members on a proposal regarding the possible introduction of 20MPH speed limits and zones in parts of the county.  Having considered Cllr Bottomley’s briefing Members agreed that no action was required at this time.

14.3  Community Days. Having considered a letter from Wilts Council regarding Community Days Cllr Matton agreed to investigate exactly what assistance the PC could receive from Wiltshire Council through this scheme in particular the possibility of gaining practical assistance in support of the repairs to the bus shelter.

 

15. Clare Perry MP. Members noted that Clare Perry MP had indicated that there was a possibility that she would attend the November PC meeting and the clerk advised Members that it might be best prior to the meeting to pass questions to her office that they might wish to raise with her on the day.

 

16. AOB.

16.1  Next Curry Lunch. Cllr Matton confirmed the date as sat 14 Dec and outlined the timings as Carol Service at 1100 followed by lunch in the Goa Balti at 1230 and asked that this be added to the agenda for the next meeting.

Action: Clerk

16.2  Beating the Parish Bounds. Cllr Wheeler- Mallows asked members give consideration at the next meeting to the PC organising a Beating the Parish Bounds in mid April 2014.

Action: Clerk

 

17. Date of Next Meeting: The date of the next meeting was confirmed as 7.00pm on Monday 4th November 2013 to be held in Collingbourne School.

 

Signed:                                                                                      date:

Name:

Chairman

Leave a Reply